Sunday, December 09, 2001

9:45 pm, GSA office, www.live365.com britpop junk

I have decided to join the bandwagon, more for my own memory than anything else really. Life has gotten very busy and wierd all of a sudden, what with work and all. Should be a nice way to keep it all together.
I am a 23 year old overacheiving, obsessive, hack who is doing a PhD in Psych and working at the grad student association at my university. It's great fun, especially given the people I get to hang out with, however, most of the time I'm thinking to myself, I'm just a kid, why do people trust me to do what I'm responsible for? I love the high-paced, schmooziness of it all, but it is still is wierd to step back and see what I'm involved in.
For instance, Thursday went to the faculty club to speak to some Vice President or another about increasing our facilities. Ended up drinking too much, missing another function, but schmoozed with the leader of the provincial NDP party, sealing a deal for our association, and being godsmacked by this prof that I'm absolutely enamoured with. Good night. And, far too typical, unfortunately.
Friday we had our x-mas party, which seemed okay. Chatted with lots of students, and ended up talking Buffy the Vampire Slayer with the president of the undergrad union, the very cute director of our food bank service, and the executive assistant to the dean of students. Wore my very pretty, very girly new shoes, but they were killing me 4 hours in - went around in a ballgown and bare feet for the rest of the night. Tamsen got very drunk and went around hugging her bottle of champagne. Tannis didn't notice Neil enough, but she let him cover her in saran wrap. I was very well behaved. Got asked to go to an exhibit by one of my committee members. He's totally great, not sure what the intentions were.
Went to the exhibit on Saturday with Chris, found it hard all of a sudden to chat with him given that we might be on a 'date'. Not sure if we were or not:
Date-like - just the two of us, I was the only person he invited, asked for my number, he picked me up and dropped me off, and he followed me around at the exhibit and stood very close to me nearly all of the time.
Non-Date-like - originally planned as a group thing, another couple showed up to join us, was in the afternoon, dutch, and didn't do anything after.
We're going to a party-thing on Thursday, which will hopefully clear things up re: if that was a date or not. Hopefully, much making out will occur. Didn't use to think of him in this way - men must have weird psychic powers.

posted by traxis @ 11:28 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary