Thursday, October 17, 2002

Okay so my foot is asleep and I'm bored and don't want to do any more work for now.
This is what I've been up to recently.

Thanksgiving - Chris and I had two other couples over for turkey dinner, made all the trimings including my wonderful and easy Chocolate Pecan Pie. Yum! We sat around and made a fire after dinner, and we threw a Peep onto a log to see how brightly it would burn (Peeps were from Chris at Easter - amazing how they key when they're rock hard!) Anyhow, great time and wonderful food was had by all.

Sporty stuff - have been biking A LOT recently - including a 3 hour ride through the east part of the city on Monday. I like it, but I can't manage hills very well yet. I bought a cute little charm for my bike - a little green beaded ring which holds a mini eifle tower - a bit more mature than the streamers I was originally going to get.

Shopping - speaking of buying, other than a few little prints to decorate the house, I got this ultra cute purse the red one! And what else? Don't recall - I want to get some smaller work out pants, one pair is just humongeous on me right now.

House - we bought a huge stack of wood for the fireplace and the house has finally come together. Chris has put away a lot of his stuff which was everywhere and starting to drive me nuts. We still have a few decorations and shelves to put away but nothing major.

School - going to start testing the little kids within the next few weeks! So glad this is going along finally! I've been really behind for this, but everything else is going swimingly - we're bringing in a guest speaker from Montreal at the end of November - unfortunately I'm going to miss one of his talks as I'll be attending Chris' convocation. I think that's more important. His parents will be visiting then too - a bit nervous about meeting them!

Office - going to Ottawa next week! Will be rather busy with conference and meetings and stuff but will hopefully get to see X there; we'll be going to Barrymores on the Sunday for 80's night! Shall be nice to be away from all the work and spend a bit of time away from Chris too - not that I don't love spending all this time with him, but I'll miss him and get to do a bunch of different things which will make for news.

Fun stuff - planning trip home for Christmas - will actually be in Ontario for quite a while, something near 3 weeks! Will be going to Chris' for a while too though, so that breaks up the length of the trip. Will be taking the train, which is cheaper and more interesting. Also, starting to save up $$$ for reading week - looks like we'll be going to Las Vegas! Yes, VEGAS! Cool. The whole trip (plane, hotel, taxes, land transport) will be less than $700 a piece, which is great. Saved half of that already!

Okay, I think I've procrastinated enough!

posted by traxis @ 1:46 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary