Tuesday, October 08, 2002

So I really haven't been using this thing since I bought it eh?
Well here's what I've been up to this last week.
Monday - had Alumni Council so that meant going far away on the bus and sitting in a very cold room - listened to the President of the University talk for a bit, and talked about what we've been up to at the office. Got a ride home with one of the members - a really nice lady who's an analytical chemist at DOW.
Tuesday - after a bunch of meetings, had a social event with the office, it was advertised as the wrong day so very few people showed up. Grrr. Poor Chris who worked realy hard at organizing the thing, he felt bad, and there was very little I could do - the fact was, that really, it sucks, but it was his fault the e-mail went out with the wrong date. Anyhow, that was an anomaly.
Weds - met Ralph Klein, Premier of Alberta at a launch - the man is REALLY SHORT! schmoozed a bit, heard the President's same speach, then went to class where I found out I was doing really well on the weekly assignments.
Thursday - went to my psychiatry study where I'm a participant - they gave me an injection of fluxomil or something and my vision went all wonky - things far away were really close and the inverse for thing that were close. Did not like that. Later, had an Alumni awards presentation (Same damn speach again!) but got to meet Paul Gross, the actor from Due South and Men with Brooms. He was a retard in person.

Chris got me a beautiful baloon arangement that was decorating the dinner area after the awards - a big helium gold star mylar balloon and a small green star to match at its base. I love him so much!
Friday we had to wake up at 5:30 am to go to the University's annual general meeting breakfast with business leaders. I got to walk in the Lieutenant General, Lois Hole, who's a total sweetie. Sat in a room chatting with her, the president, and the Chancellor for a while before the breakfast started. Met some politicians, business people, and did some good schmoosing that day too. After that was done, went back home and went back to sleep. I was exhausted (heard the SAME DAMN SPEACH AGAIN!!!!). Went out for breakfast with Chris (real breakfast, the AGM food was like banana bread and water, yuck!) then hung out at home reading and doing housework. Chris went to school for a bit and came back with a sewing machine he got for me at a garage sale! Hurray! He is really so so sweet! Okay, after that we took it easy because...
Saturday ran the 4Km Turkey Trot marathon! I did the 4 ks' without stoping a single time, and didn't cramp up or anything in 25 minutes 17 seconds! I ROCK!
After that, we went out to brunch with some Comp Sci kids that Chris knows, and then went home to recuperate.
Sunday we went out for Indian food for lunch, went shopping a great deal, went to the Aviation museum here for a bit, then did some more grocery shopping. I got dropped off at D&D where I killed lots of baddy creatures.
Monday, yesterday had meetings and our monthly meeting which ran long last night. Went out for beer afterwards, but really just wanted to come home to read and sleep.
Tuesday - today, haven't gone to class again, did some cleaning up and reading here, and will be leaving shortly to bike to school for my one meeting. Blah! Chris is making dinner tonight, and will finish my big stack of readings for class tomorow. No dance class tonight, the space is occupied with the Imaginus poster sale, and the Halloween events I was going to miss because I am going to Ottawa are either changed (to when I get back) or just plain cancelled! YAY!
Okay! Gotta go find some socks!

posted by traxis @ 12:52 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary