Things are going well - much better than last Friday. Have been doing good work at work, and am getting lots done at home too. I've been knitting up a storm (despite the crisis last week of not finding the 2nd ball of yarn to finish the first scarf... and then the trauma of having to go to 3 Zellers to find a matching dye lot one).
I'm taking a few days off... it's going to be good for me. I'm bogged down with ideas for the future of my organization, but the day-to-day work is what I need to focus on. There's a real schizm there, and I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to address it...
We are going to go "properly" recognize Rememberance Day this year... It's something I miss being outside of Ottawa. It's enforced in schools in Ottawa, you go to class on that day and ceremonies are had. Otherwise, it is pretty straightforward that you go to Parliament Hill or the War Museum for events. It's also a much more military town, strange to say, I know that Edmonton has tons of soldiers over in Afghanistan right now, but with the National Defense headquarters and RCMP headquarters both in Ottawa, you see more millitary personnel there.
Will also be getting house stuff that is desperately needed - including a proper ice scraper for the sidewalk (have been using a garden spade, and fucked up my back), and a second shovel so someone can help me (hint hint!)
Still haven't seen Marie Antoinette - still want to too.
Want to commence X-mas baking, but it's still too early. 2 more weeks and I'll be able to start. Will keep getting ingredients in the meanwhile.
Need to get a 2nd pair of all-weather shoes. Current pair is being worn EVERY day - and they aren't quite dressy enough for work... Uhg. That pair cost $100; not sure if I can scrounge up enough right now and keep doing well at paying my debtload down. Very frustrating.
Okay - enough random thoughts.
posted by traxis @ 8:40 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home