The little wormy caterpillar guys are out of the trees, hanging EVERYWHERE on their long silks, getting in your face, flying all over the place, can't see them till they are in your hair and on your clothes, and the poor dog won't get walked for a week, and it's inevitable that our street, of course, is lined with trees, and the worst trees with the caterpillar guys are on the way to the library, and you can't just shelve yourself at home everyday but if you go out THEY'LL BE THERE, so I'll take the alleys and stay in wide open, tree-less places.
If I ever had a phobia - this would be it. (shudder)
Labels: bugs
posted by traxis @ 7:38 a.m.


3 Comments:
Beer on patios more than makes up for caterpillars - it isn't quite the best time of year, but I wouldn't go with the worst.
Cape Breton had a nasty infestation of those things back in the 1990s, and I took to taking an umbrella and opening it and holding it above my bed whenever I went outside. It was easier to get them off the umbrella than me. :) I don't know what to suggest about the dog, though, since I'm sure a dog wouldn't stay under an umbrella.
Why am I moving to Alberta, again??
Post a Comment
» Home