Friday, November 08, 2002

So Chris and I did the wierdest thing yesterday - went to the shooting range at the big mall. Yes. I SHOT A GUN! I actually shot 4 guns, and they were all really difficult! I was really quite nervous about accidentally doing something really wrong, but alas I was okay. It was really tough to not loose aim when the gun actually fired - the thing was really heavy and kicked quite a bit when fired; also, the trigger didn't have as much resistance as I though it would. Anyhow, I started shooting the targe area (instead of the floor) after a few rounds. It was kinda fun, but really expensive and not something I plan to do regularly.

We also went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding on Wednesday after my night class. It was just wonderful! So funny and heartwarming. I totally cried at a few scenes and almost peed my pants on some other scenes. Excelent movie.

We saw Bowling for Columbine during the weekend. It was really good as well - I think Micheal Moor did an excellent job presenting both sides as evenly as he possibly could. Charleton Heston was really upsetting - he's the president of the NRA, and looke so gallant when speaking in front of a big crowd, but when debating 1 on 1 with Moore, he looked frail, old, and just plain ornery.

Hmmm... other than that, kinda laxed week; did lots of school and office work. What else? Hmm, went out for food a couple of times, tried German food, Sushi, and then Thai again last night.

Booked the trip back home for x-mas; will be in Ottawa from the 18th to the 30th, and in TO from the 13-18 and the 31-2nd. It would be wicked awesome to see some of you kids then!

posted by traxis @ 8:42 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary