I worked my butt off for the last 3-5 days finishing the project, or so I thought. Now there was nitpicking, and stupid comments which were just make-work stuff. I figure that if I get the majority of the work done by the end of the week, things will be okay.
Alright, actually I am working. I want to finish these dummy sheets so that I can send the document out to be proof read by actual daycare operators. In the meanwhile, I'll be able to veg. Well, that's not true either, I'll be able to scan in the remaining documents and send it out for a printing quote - then I'll veg. Yes.
In other news, Chris is going away Saturday for over a week. He's going to China for a conference. If I know I have a job (and hence money) I was considering going for a last-minute trip somewhere... unlikely that this will happen, I still haven't heard about the scheduling of the second interview for my job.
I've been very successful at procrastinating and doing rather futile things at home. I was cleaning my office when I found a bunch of notes from Val, and also the letters that our "group" the Bologna Freaking Incorporated, wrote to Trent Reznor and Bono/U2. They are hillarious. In fact, they are nearly exactly 10 year old now too. So funny.
I typed up Val's notes to me and sent them to her - it was fun to laugh about them again. I might create a members-only blog with random (or not so random) samples from the books (which I also re-found yesterday). I think the last time I read through them was in 2nd year of grad school. X could also share from the first book too...
Anyhow, I'm bored and stuck at the office all day. I do have nice ravioli for lunch. I am also wearing nice comfy clothes - nice stretchy dark jeans, a new shirt that's actually lilac with the-fake-blouse-attached-to-it thing, and my very lovely pink Saucony's. Am a bit cold though. There are so few people around the office, so there's little body/computer heat.
I should also let everyone know of this film called Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary it is a really interesting documentary from one of Hitler's personal secretaries who was working for him to the day he died. It is shocking to see what was going on from an insider's perspective - and while she is very objective about what happened, it is frightening to see how oblivious one can be kept from the real going-ons of a regime. Surprisingly got this at Blockbuster - quite impressed.
Okay - will now update another blog or go back to work. blah.
posted by traxis @ 9:11 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home