Friday after work, came home in good time, BBQed for dinner, then biked to the Fringe Festival where Chris and I caught a few of the live shows, wandered around, and were only accosted by friendly actors (not scary balloon/cow flipper/rude puppet man - long story). Went to grab some drinks at the new pub on Whyte, ran into Wendy, then headed home to clean up, and later back out to grab coffee, which turned into a second light dinner at an italian restaurant. Good evening.
Saturday woke up nice and late, called C & B to see if they wanted to do brunch, but they were already eating. Made plans to join them for a farmer's market tour, which was good. Wandered there for a bit, then through the Fringe grounds again, and then made plans to see the One Man Lord of the Rings show at 2 pm. D46 and wet-blanket Jenn were to join us, which made for less than fun times. After successfully getting tickets, went for lunch at Dadeos and then headed back for the show. D46 and Jen drove me nuts racing ahead and not thanking us for getting the tickets (which meant 2 hours of waiting in line, thanks a lot!) and then being total jerks/snobs about the show, which was actually really good and the venue, IMHO was just fine. We left the bunch immediately after the show, having had enough, then went home and grabbed some groceries to have healthy dinner. Spent the evening whooping Chris' ass at Up Words.
Sunday woke up early, watched a My So-Called Life episode on DVD, then did some school work. Rode bikes for a while in the river valley until I got stung by a hornet/bee who I smacked into while going downhill (fast) right by my left eye/temple. That was the first time I've ever been stung, and it hurt like a son of a bitch. I cried and freaked, but luckily, I wasn't allergic (one of the few things to which I am not!) Rode home to clean up.
Oh, while we were out riding, also garage saled, and got a pot-lid holder. Finally!
Ran a bunch of errands with Chris, then had lunch at Joey's (not Joey Tomatoes anymore) and then got back. Did house work, watch crap TV and then made dinner - asian-style marinaded flank steak, saffron mashed potatoes, zucchini pesto soup, and a rhubarb starwberry crisp. Everything turned out pretty okay (actually the steak was awesome, if I may say so). Cleaned up and watched more crap TV.
And now, I've worked all day today and am exhausted. Eagerly waiting to get the call from the Alumni job to get more info on the 2nd interview.
posted by traxis @ 2:20 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home