My body is tired - probably from the larger-than-usual quantity of walking I did yesterday.
I did get to sleep in a bit, I had an interview at school for an Alumni office position (which I am SO excited about) at 10:30 in the morning, and so I figured it was rather pointless to go to work at 8:30, make my suit all wrinkly and then get to school for the interview about an hour after ariving. But Chris, who had said the night before that he would drive me there and we'd get breakfast on the way, was feeling very sick and so I walked to the bus, in slides, took the bus to school, but then had only 20 minutes, really, not enough time to eat something and still look nice afterwards too.
I think I nailed the interview. The only time I got rambly and disjointed was at the end when they asked whether I had anything to add. I'm going to hear from them by Friday if I get shortlisted to the second interview. I REALLY WANT THIS JOB.
In other news this weekend was fun - Friday night Chris and I sat outside playing Boggle on our cute picnic table, laterns and bailey-ed hot chocolate in tow, next to a little fire in my outdoor fireplace when all of a sudden we realized that the Folk Fest act we could hear clear as day from the backyard was Great Big Sea. Pretty cool.
Saturday was relaxing too - went to the Waterpark with Peter and Dan which was really fun. Had some snacks at T&T the awesome Chinese supermarket at WEM, then shopped a bit (uneventful). Met up with Brian and Ariel for dinner at a Tex-Mex restaurant, then went to the movies. The gang went to see The Village meanwhile I went to see Little Black Book - needless to say I was much happier with my choice, and who knew, my movie also had a twist ending!
Sunday we ran some errands, including cleaning out my psychology office, and then I went to D&D which was good (the two people I favour least were not there). I also went up to 14th level, became a Cavalier and bought a wicked awesome lance. Yes, I am a geek. We finished in good time and I got to talk to Brad about the job interview a bit.
The week has been okay to date at work - been helping out with clerical stuff while some of the staff here are absent. I haven't heard from Jeff yet - will call him again tomorrow if I don't hear from him today. Haven't done much work on my thesis in the last week or so. Will try to get some work done on Thursday and Friday. Must also apply to some more jobs too.
For some happy student news see this nice blog of Duke kids working on a near-zero-gravity NASA plane.
posted by traxis @ 7:59 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home