I am such a Starbucks addict.
This weekend was pretty good - I was not sure what we would do as we had originally planned to go camping, but then risks of bad weather and trouble deciding whether our prefered campground was going to be available, we decided not to go after all. Instead, we had planned, sort of, to go biking in the park on Saturday and I would go play D&D on Sunday. Simple, yes? Well no. Communication breakdowns caused trouble right off the bat regarding Sunday.
Friday night, after working all day, and even staying at the office a little late sending Brad something via e-mail, I got home only to make sushi rice, miso soup, cut and prepare veggies, shrimp, and canned crab, set the table with all my nice little plates and oh, clean all the crap out of the kitchen so all the preceding could occur. Exhausted after the homemade sushi (which was pretty okay - the miso was the best of the dishes that night), watched What not to wear and crashed. In the later evening, Chris and I went to see Harold and Kumar visit White Castle which was pretty hillarious, and although I wouldn't call it a good movie, it was a lot of fun.
Saturday there was more "miscommunication" about what to do that day - it was scheduled to be over 35 degrees, which I find "HOT". After a long time, we decided to go biking around the river valley and try to get in contact with our friend for a late evening "veiller" by the fireplace outside. Biking was great - we went all over, which I surprisingly found easy. The only time I pooped out was when we were headed up a very long hill and one 2-3 foot verticle incline which I just couldnt' do. Not bad! Chris got me a big handful of wild raspberries, which were so good. We went out to late lunch on Whyte and then had ice cream at a new store - it was great but I couldn't even finish the icecream (and much less the delicious wafflecone) - it was way too rich. Came back home, puttered around the house, then got a call from our friends to go see I Robot at WEM. We went over in good time, had a snack, and at the very last minute our friends arived. Good movie. Very clever. The acting could have been stronger, but that's okay. The story was what was really captivating. Afterwards there was some more miscommunication in the group about where to go for post-movie chat; we tried one place but they had a crazy cover charge and it wasn't our cup of tea, so we ended up going to stupid Tim Hortons, which is good in a way, because there's a Wendy's at the one we went to too and I had a salad at 1 am. Interesting conversation about how meat is processed. Went home, tired, frustrated with our friends' lack of coordination and common social sense.
Sunday was better, no arguments. Went berry picking for about 10 minutes with a couple of our friends until the mosquitoes started swarming me and I had to go. Chris and I ran ahead and after being worried that our friends would be lost, I dumped my berries in an arrow pattern - they didn't notice it. They made it out fine, but the whole experience was a pain. Am now also very edgy and pissed off at mosquitoes. Came home, cleaned up, then went to D&D where I realized I was starved and ate way too much junk food. Gaming was okay, then a big storm came up. Pretty scary stuff when the clouds are moving faster than the birds are flying. Anyhow, came home, got frustrated with the lone mosiquito in our room that kept coming up and biting me (and I missed smacking it 3 times!) that we slept in the cooler downstairs floor on the fouton. I think that's about it.
This weeks is scheduled to be busy with meetings re: G-Crap and some other stuff. Get a long weekend, which will be very nice. Will do more school work, but we'll see how it goes - Jeff wrote back and is being a bastard. Must also call political party and tell them I can't realistically run for provincial government (this is the plan I had about 2 weeks ago). I don't have the support group to really do a good job. Must also start seriously looking for a job for the fall too.
Tired but not tired. Okay - must start doing actual work.
posted by traxis @ 7:48 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home