Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Sigh. Yesterday I was up until 2 am cleaning, helping Chris with his chores and getting ready to go. Freaking exhausting. We were busy after my work showing my aunt and uncle around and having dinner with them, so it was impossible to do anything earlier than like 8 pm.

Everything should be ready now, and I'm just waiting for Chris to call me to go to the airport. I'm also starving, so I might grab some food downstairs before heading out.

Work has been going well recently - the only thing bad has been my wrists have been acting up from the stupid ergonomic keyboard that has been forceably put on my NOT at ALL ergonomic desk. I finally had enough of having my computer in the corner of the L-shape and I moved it yesterday as much as the cables allow. I also got rid of the stupid mouse pedestal thing that was on the keyboard tray. I'm thinking of getting a lower keyboard and plugging it in here instead.

I watched "How to deal" yesterday, which was a long and winding movie, but the story line between Mandy Moore and the guy was totally hot. I miss that sometimes in an established relationship. And I had rented "Tripplets of Belleville" with it (watched that during the weekend) which was okay, but I think the hype got my expectations up too high. I found the special features about how they animated the film and the commentary scenes much more interesting than the actual movie.

Plans for Ottawa are still very loose;
Thursday - brunch? with X, time with parents & grandparents, Canada day events in the Market, fireworks, Zaphods.
Friday - hang out with parents, dinner out at Indian restaurant
Saturday - pick up groceries for Sunday/Monday trip to cottage. I'm taking everyone out to dinner, maybe someplace brand new? Suggestions?
Sunday - we drive down to the cottage, have the whole parents-meet- parents thing. Play with dog. Eat steaks and drink wine.
Monday - canoe/kyak, take it easy, make nice big mediteranian picnic for parents. My parents go back to Ottawa, I stay at the cottage.
Tuesday-Friday - read, swim, watch movies, golf, go to Bancroft for rocks, go to a little pub with Chris' parents, see his sister, maybe even get some work done on my thesis.
Saturday - get back to Toronto, maybe hit a few stores, get on a plane in the evening and get back to Edmonton.

Sunday... unpack, do laundry, get groceries, assess dead plants in garden, mow lawn, air out house, get ready for work the next day! :(

So that's that. I'm just killing time now - the more I type, the more things I realized I should have packed. I've got all the basics and lots more, but there's things that I'm thinking I should have brought. Uhg.

I think I'm going to go grab some food and wait for Chris downstairs now!

posted by traxis @ 9:27 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary