Have been doing well at work, I think I'm done the first section of the guide, have a huge chunk of another section, and the third section which I need to write for is starting to come along now, which is good. The last section should simply include forms and stuff that someone should be getting for me...
Chris and I are trying to go camping this weekend - I think it's going to happen. We have been so disorganized about the whole thing. I still don't know what we are going to be doing for dinner (I had suggest burgers, corn and salad, but apparently you need a special grill to BBQ on a fire). We were still packing this morning (at least I was, Chris has been sleeping in like mad recently), and there's a huge list I've e-mailed him of stuff to bring. I still forgot to mention fire wood, kindling and matches. Urgh. I don't want to micromanage, but I know that we'll forget something and have to go out and buy it, and to be honest, we've spent so much money on this trip already that it is getting out of hand. Anyhow. Chris is supposed to pick me up this afternoon after work and we will be heading south to the campgrounds. Saturday afternoon, we'll be in Red Deer for a "flea market" of radio stuff, and then get back on Sunday. I TOTALLY want to go see a movie on Sunday night - just sit there, do nothing, in the air conditioning... AH! Good way to cap the weekend off.
In other news, I've decided to vote for the Green Party, I think they've got a good platform and are working really hard to be considered a viable option. I'll be volunteering at handing out flyers and stuff next week, plus there's to events earlier on in the week that I hope to attend. The thing that really got me interested in what they were doing was that they came up with the idea that I have always wanted - counting volunteer hours as a tax credit. SO GOOD.
We've also been working on the lawn a LOT. We've pulled almost all the weeds from the grass, gardens, and walkways, now mowed the lawns, tended to the garden, cleaned up the tools and hose and stuff that are just hanging around, I've tidied up the potted plants, and swept the walkways. Things are looking really nice. I'll take pictures and post them on the official site later on.
We've also been planning two trips - the one to Ottawa/Toronto at the end of the month, that's the one where our parents are going to meet. We'll be in Ottawa from June 30th to July 4th - hoping to go out to the Hill on Canada day for all sorts of fun, followed, perhaps, by Zaphods after the fireworks. We'll be in Apsley from the 4th till the 9th at Chris' family cottage, my parents will be coming with us the first day and a half. Then we'll be heading to TO on the 10th and leaving that evening. It'll be a good week away.
The other trip we are planning is the one to JAPAN! We are going at the end of September as Chris has a conference, and heck, with splitting the flight costs, things will be mighty cheap! We will be going to Sendai first, then jet over to Hiroshima, through Kyoto, and then back to Tokyo. It will likely be just under two weeks, but a good trip! Chris is working on learning Japanese before we go - I will do a "crash course" on the flight over.
I'm also trying to figure out what to do after this position is over... there's a job that I could probably get in December pretty easily that would pay well and would be a great experience, however this jobs ends at the end of August. Now, while I will be away in late September/October, I don't necessarily want to be unemployed for the greater part of three months. I also don't want to assume that I'll just be given the job too - what happens if I hold out and don't get it?? Bad! Must think this through (must also start working on the thesis again).
What else? I dunno. Things have just been going, I guess. Yup. That's about it - all the other stuff is regular old, day-to-day stuff. May update another time today if I get super bored here!
posted by traxis @ 9:09 a.m.


1 Comments:
I'm leaving Ottawa on July 1, but I'll be there the night of the 30th. Dibs?
Post a Comment
» Home