I'm at work, this is my fourth week on the job. I've been assigned to do a training manual for out-of-school care operators. It's already ballooned into a 5 part document with a pull-out section for parents and a catalogue of sample forms. Crazy. I've got a good grasp of 4/5 of the project, there is one person who's been away for nearly the whole time I have been here, and I hope to meet her tomorrow. After I get to talk to her, I should have more substance for the 5th section and I should be able to hand in a complete first draft shortly afterwards (I have 45 pages already done, with custom graphic art and colour schemes, etc.)
So, yes, that is what I've been doing every day from 8:30-4:30 (plus web surfing, my banking, and some other stuff to keep me from falling asleep). I could work the whole day straight, but there are a lot of stop-points where I can't really go forward before someone gets back to me, or whatever. I also don't want to work myself out of a job. I had forgotten about the "taking it slow" approach in government. I don't feel bad about slacking off, I need to! Elsewise I will get other people's projects to work on, and that isn't right.
I also recently finished the GCrap term. That actually technically finished at midnight the morning of the 1st of June. It felt good. I have done everything I can, literally. It has been exhausting, but it is something I am very proud of. Anyhow, I also have my desk back at home, and a mini bookcase (which was filled to the brim with GCrap stuff before).
There's a little girl in the office today, obviously someone's daughter - looks like she's 4. Cute.
Our friends from Newfoundland are back this month, the guy for the whole month, and the girl next week. We're going to sushi for lunch today.
I've really been trying to keep busy - going out to movies (Supersize me and Shrek 2 most recently - both are awesome), playing D&D and Shadowrun, and doing stuff around the house. We tried to have a garage sale last weekend, but we got rained out. We'll try again this weekend. Finally prepping for my B-Day - hoping to go camping next weekend if it's nice.
But, yes, so tired. Went to bed at 11 last night, and woke up at 7:30 to go to work. Would have been able to sleep for another 3 hours easy. Need to sleep in this weekend - none of this crazy 10 am brunch crap!
Must wake up!
posted by traxis @ 8:36 a.m.


1 Comments:
I like the new design. Much easier to read. :)
Post a Comment
» Home