Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Had a great weekend; rented a car (which I always love to do) and with a coupon and not having to pay for insurance, it cost me $21 for all three days.

Friday got up super early because the landlords were coming over and we needed to complete the garden (which we were moving to the back of the yard) wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow full of dirt, and then replacing the big pit with sod. It's been ridiculously hard, but it looks so much better. Also needed to clean up the lumber and sticks around the yard. Went to pick up the car after a talk in Psych, got home and found out that I got the job. Called Chris and my parents and we went out for dinner at the Century Grill which was so so so good. They make some wicked sauce there. Had the platter with chicken, beef, shrimp and scallops, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, and two SO yummy sauces. Went back home afterwards (had run some errands before dinner) and watched What not to Wear and chilled.

Saturday woke up really early got dressed, waited for Chris, but he was sleeping in. Got out to the shopping centers, did nothing but get stuff for the house (which was my goal). Purchased:
-new blue towels
-a basket for my linnens
-a goreous morrocon lantern
-a huge wooden salad bowl
-a big round wooden tray
-6 big plastic glasses from Starbucks
-a new tea ball spoon
-a salad dressing shaker
-flowers & herbs for the garden

and then we had some friends over for dinner - so lots of groceries were purchased, and we had a beautfiul bbq'd dinner of breads with dips, chicken and lamb, veggies and then sundaes! Good times.

Sunday I woke up latter, the day was gorgeous so I went out and planted all the herbs and flowers into the pots and planters we have. It too was a lot of work (hence yard work?) but the backyard looks gorgeous now. Also cleaned up post-dinner party. Went out to D&D in the afternoon - was rather lethargic, I don't know why. Almost feel asleep on the couch. Realized half-way that I needed to do other work, so did some there, but when I got home at around 10:30 pm worked on two other reports and finished them. Also did other work towards a third report.

Monday went clothing shopping for me! Bought:
-a pair of white pants
-a pair of beige caramel pants
-a pair of grey blue capris
-a pair of green work-out pants
-two white t-shirts
-a red cardigan
-a cute little white purse
-and a gorgeous beige suede coat.

(note that I didn't buy any shoes!)

I also managed to go to the bottle depot, go to the bank, drop off stuff at school, have breakfast on the road, return a movie, drop off all my stuff at home, then refule the car, drop it off, get some late lunch, and then I was going to go to school, but went home since Chris had a meeting, made dinner, and later we went out for coffee and bought my mom some of the awesome cookbooks for mother's day.

Good stuff.
Yesterday went to see Mean Girls which was hillarious. Go see it.

posted by traxis @ 7:53 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary