Monday, April 05, 2004

I was run off my feet today.
I upgraded my RAM to a much better but still pathetic 192 MB this morning - cost $65 installation free. I went to math meeting which was good, was able to participate a lot and was helpful. Ran to get a fax, and then back to my office to write e-mails and make an election poster. Ran back to another meeting where got free lunch, said two things and then got utterly confused by the linguistics folks. Ran to check on e-mail, then packed my stuff up and went to work out for like 20 minutes, packed up my stuff again, ran to a meeting where the entire university was basically patting each other on the back which was stupid and boring, then ran out of there to the office to pick up materials which were exactly what I needed to deal with my last meeting where I talked with the auditor for an hour and a half about accounting and junk that was all done badly but not my fault. Got picked up by Chris and went out to dinner. Now home and ready to take a nice long bath and read my Rolling Stone and US magazines.

Another thing that came in the mail today was a prize package from Definitely Not the Opera - the CBC radio show on Saturdays where they play cellphone ring tones and you have to figure out what song they are playing - I had figured out one before (the old apartment by BNL) but didn't get selected for a prize. This last time I figured out the song was Celebrity Skin by Hole, and we were selected! We got an XL black logo t-shirt (that will go to Chris) and a DNTO frisbee! Very cool!

Things are going well - got a lot of yardwork done this weekend. My computer crashed on Thursday after being infected with thousands of viruses. Upgraded to XP and had to get all my programs back on. I had a mini nervous breakdown because of it - Chris was so good about it - such a nice guy. Took it very easy all evenings - played D&D on Sunday. Applied for one job - and sent out the official call for the AGM. Good stuff. Tired now - will go for my bath!

posted by traxis @ 8:30 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary