But then, overnight, my cheek started to swell and I was in a lot of pain. I've heard of people getting chipmunk cheeks, so I just iced it as best I could and slept. I had asked for some Tylenol3 this time, so I was taking that (or the equivalent, whatever he prescribed me).
So Wednesday morning, after a night's worth of tossing and turning, and more swelling, I got really scared. I had an important meeting with government and I looked like someone had punched me, and moreover I hurt like hell.
Dan was gone, and Lee had a meeting, but luckily Brad went to the meeting for me, thank heavens. Must buy that man cookies.
I called the dentist's and they said to come in at 10:30 am. I got there and they said that yes, I had a major infection, and gave me another prescription, this time for penicillin. Took one pill after filling the prescription, then went home to try and sleep.
Chris went to school for his class and work, and then I started to freak out, because the swelling kept growing and I was in a ton of pain. I called HealthLinks, which is a telephone info service here where nurses give you health advice, and they said there was nothing they could recommend as this was a dental issue. They did say that once I had the antibiotic, there was nothing more that could really be done. Chris came home in the afternoon to me crying and freaking out. Only then did I realize that I could have taken 2 pills first dose (stupid long list of info, what am I supposed to do when I am in daze half the time). Anyhow, took two then, Chris made me icepacks, and I was much better. He also brought home flowers, which was sweet. Rescheduled all my appointments, got to bed early, and put a wet facecloth on my forehead that I swear was the best thing I had done to make myself feel better all year.
Slept well last night, today other than napping a bit, and icing, I feel much better and the swelling is starting to go down. What a nightmare this has been.
posted by traxis @ 4:53 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home