Sunday, February 22, 2004

I haven't been writing. I know. It's not like I've been crazy busy with anything either, really. We've just had reading week which was pretty much like any other week for me. I didn't get any school work done, but I did apply for 3 or 4 jobs, plus I had another information interview with this great lady from school who I met at a conference. She's got me thinking of consulting again, so I called up one of my old contacts to pick his brain about area consulting firms... hopefully he'll call me back this week so I can find out more and then start canvasing firms.

Lets see, in the last week, V-day was quite nice. Chris got me roses and chocolates and a very cute card. I got him some tiki mugs, and we made a really nice steak dinner which we ate kinda by candlelight. The next day was his birthday, so I got him what ended up being 5 record album frames, and two sets of Leadbelly cd's - one of his last recordings, and one cd of children's songs. He was really thrilled. We were going out for dinner and what with the leftover pie from valentine's day, he didn't get birthday cake but birthday pancakes instead (5 different kinds with mixed berries and warmed real mapple syrup). We went out to the waterpark with about 13 friends, and had a great old time in the slides, the tube rides and the wave pool. That was awesome. We also went to the Old Spaghetti Factory (now known as the old spag fac) and then to play video games at Dan's. We went home totally pooped. Chirs had a great couple of days, which is perfect.

On the Monday, Chris and I went cleaning crazy, he reorganized his entire office, I put away a bunch of stuff, and the house spring cleaning began. Tuesday we went to the gym, and then I put all the GSAC stuff into the GSA office. We got stuff for the house from Ikea, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc. I reupholstered my office chair. we put up a curtain in my office closet, did a bunch of quick repairs. It was great.

Thursday I had that info interview which worked better than I had expected, and then I put all the GSAC files away properly, labelled, and organized. They are out of my house and I am thrilled. I went shopping after doing that, for winter jackets - got a ski jacket (a really good one from Columbia) for $100, and a nice longish wool coat for $96 (taxes included).

Yes, I have been shopping a lot. A lot a lot. I'm worried about myself.

Thursday evening, we went out to dinner with Kit, Jen and Dan, followed by an errand run to futureshop and then coffee and cake at Block 1912. Good evening despite the fact that we were late, the first restaurant had closed down without us knowing, and the fact that I was extremely dizy and grumpy from the new BC patch I'm giving a shot.

Friday we went to the gym again, and then counteracted any good by going to Khazana's for indian food lunch buffet. We then ruined it some more by going to a board game and dessert party with the CS kids. It was a lot of fun, but Brad showed up drunk off his ass, and was a jerk. He left fairly early, and although I felt bad about him having behaved that way, especially in front of Colin's GF, it was not my fault and not my responsibility. Otherwise things were good.

Saturday we worked off some of the calories by walking down Whyte and wandering about. Had yummy gumbo at Dade-o's and then a nice homecooked dinner. Sunday, today, was really lazy for me, topped with D&D with awesome Chicago's deep deep deep dish pizza. wow.

This coming week I have to go to Ottawa for a meeting on Wednesday, so I'll be there on the 24th - hopefully either meeting Paula for dinner or going to the BNL concert. I'll be leaving early on Thursday cause I have anohter meeting back home at 4ish pm. Riddiculous.
I will be trying to bring work to do, but I don't know what is going on - I'm still not making progress. Uhg.

Tomorrow's meeting was cancelled, which is great, but uhg, work, uhg uhg.

Anyhow, I will now reflect on not spending more money, actually doing my work, and applying for more jobs (something, finally, that I'm being consciencious about...)

posted by traxis @ 11:23 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary