Thursday, February 26, 2004

Yuhg. Got back from Ottawa this morning, but had a full day of meetings, catch up and now marking.

Ottawa was good - was there for only about 48 hours. Got in with Air Canada who didn't feed me (grrr.) and then met up with Paula for dinner and then the BNL concert. It was awesome, plus got to see the old singer from the Waltons and Ron Sexsmith as openners. BNL did a two hour set, including a few nearly accapellas and an awesome dance/syncronized dance thing with shopping carts for a song about shopping. Very cute.

The meeting I went to Ottawa for went well, things are looking good, and I participated and was asked for my ideas too. Despite the goodness, the rival org was jerky and bitched under their breaths (but loudly) when I was asked to rep grad students. Sigh.

Had dinner at home, then an argument with my parents that really was riddiculous (I mean, hell, it's only 48 hours of which more than 3/4 were busy with stuff, why do they always want to fight with me!?) And then back home this morning, riding along with two very nice, chatty cab drivers.

Meeting this afternoon was alright - the chair isn't doing a good job controlling the meeting. Now grading papers. Need to work on school stuff too - big time. Need to get work done by Monday morning. My back hurts and I'm just tired from the trip. Nothing is planned for the weekend other than the awards night celebration tomorow night. Going to actually do lots and lots of work. Yes.

BTW - if you haven't watched the Apprentice or Snakes and Ladders, I consider those hours professional development time - wicked good shows for hacks like me.

posted by traxis @ 11:54 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary