Thursday, August 12, 2004

Only 30 more hours before I find out if I get a second interview. Cross your fingers.
I've been so disenchanted with the other jobs out there since I got offered an interview for this one - they all seem so borring and tedious in comparison. I guess the only other thing I am banking on is that the internship with the ministry of education are still in the "Screening" stage. Uhg. So slow.

Yesterday's SR session went really well. We rolled almost no dice and had a lot of plot movement. Although two of the guys were playing around on guitars and being distracting, it was quite good. The story is really quite interesting and I've no idea where it is heading at all! Grant's doing a good job managing the game - we're all excited to play again next week!

In other news our bathroom is falling apart - tiles keep cracking out of the wall and poping off after showers. I'm thinking the whole thing will have to get redone. Our landlord is coming to visit the house today to see what the situation is, and has already hinted that he'd like to change the sink counter. Perhaps we'll end up with new molded sink/counter top and bath/shower stall. That would be SO good.

I've got little to do today work-wise, I'm sort of waiting for a few "okays" and other people to follow up on work before I can move ahead on my projects. I've been keeping busy by helping out with the clerical work as the front office person is sick/away. It's always intrigued me to see how others respond to someone going above and beyond in the public sector - so much complacency and paranoia, it never fails to amaze.

As for the weekend, not sure what is going on - Chris is still feeling sick and I do have some school work to do, but really I would love to go out. I haven't bought any clothes or anything substantial this week (I suppose my big splurge was having my sandals fixed - fucking $11 repair on $30 shoes!) There are decent sales at Jaccob and they are moving the stock out soon. There's also lovely new fall clothing which drives me insane (autumn is SO my favourite season for all things). The Gap has some clever little scarves which are a cross between a men's tie and a fancy lady's scarf. Jaccob, as I mentioned, has beautiful overcoat/suit jacket things in cream, tan and of course red, white and black. There's a silk semi-pleated skirt at Gap with a sort of abstract/cubist print on it, and tweed pants are still kicking around.

I am such a clothes junkie.

While there are so many things that I want, I know that I already have tons of clothes - for all sorts of activities too. There's my work clothes, and then my casual clothes, plus about 2 large storage bins of fancy dress stuff. And there's my old gothy stuff which I like to pull out every once in a while, and finally my camping/outdoor work stuff. I know that I should invest in more work clothes, all the above fall stuff would be perfect for an office job. Mind you a cute corderoy jacket like the dark green one with light beige "furry" lining that they had last year at Jaccob Connection (but was too small in the bust for me) would have been lovely.

I am, however, very glad that I did not buy a few things this summer - like the pale yellow poncho thing at Smart Set. Everyone is wearing them now and they look like hell on most people. They think this is meant to be worn with shorts and a t-shirt, they have no idea that you're suppose to pair it with semi-glam dressy clothes. My friend (sorta friend) bought one recently. She thinks it's all high fashion and all. Her husband has told Chris that she thinks I look fab all the time and is inspired by my outfits - which is a nice compliment, but for god's sakes, why did she pick the white and bright pink wide diagonal line thick-yarn poncho WITH TASSLES!??!?! It makes her look fat, stout, and stupid all at once (hell, anyone would look terrible in that thing). Plus, again, she's wearing it with ugly jeans, a regular t-shirt, clunky black ankle boots, and the ONE purse she seems to own (a corderoy square bag with wide shoulder strap in the same green-gray fabric, with stupid flowers embroidered on it). Okay, if you're going to the supermarket, that' fine, but come on - this is NOT a going out to a fancy bar purse! UHG.

I know I'm being mean. There are several other less-superficial things that bother me about her (like the fact that she's a total wuss, won't really talk with me on several group occassions, is totally sheltered and picky about food and culture, and most recently has refused to even say hi to me when I arrived at the restaurant when we met with them). Uhg. Okay, to be honest, I'm not really interested in being her friend, I suppose. It's just one of those things where there's a girl somehow attached to the group and people (and I) assume that we'll get along. Whatever. All the girls in the group kind of suck, there's only one who's consistently nice but she and I have significantly different interests and lifestyles (at least that's what I figure). I dunno. Ange and I got along great when she was around - I don't know why I can't find other girl friends who are like that! Frustrating.

Okay, no more ranting.

posted by traxis @ 9:39 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary