Thursday, March 23, 2006

Feeling Blue?
I have been uneasy recently with my lack of involvement and "insider-ness" in the current and emerging political landscapre - both provincially and federally. I mean, I am on the periphery - If I chose to get involved, I know I could really get involved! But with my personal politics, I just don't feel right being a participant in this sort of game... And I choose my words carefuly here, because it would be more of a game than something I truly feel strongly about and believe in. So perhaps that is one of the reasons why I haven't looked up the potential leaders in great detail. I know who they are, I have some information about their background, and I seemed to have learned through osmossis most of what they are about (or what they aren't about as the case may be). I feel weird not being more involved, but would feel out of place, I think, if I were to get involved. Strange. I know a lot of my collegues and people I respect have found a way to balance their involvement despite having other political leanings - I don't have that balance yet. I mean, it would possibly help me in my job, but I take work home (and everywhere else too) all the time - I don't necessarily want to devote my entire life to politics, especially if it isn't something I'm passionate about.

Perhaps it's because I know I - at best - support in principle the loosing team(s) here. I'm looking at the popular kids and wished I could be like that too --- but then again, maybe not.

posted by traxis @ 5:50 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary