"Grab the book closest to you, open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence. Post the text of next 3 sentences, the name of the book, and the author on your blog. Finish by tagging three people."
Yessir!
"He had the rilletttes, then. I sent'em out. That's the only single we've had in over an hour - all the rest were deuces and four-tops"
"Ha!" said Rickey. "Those rillettes are killer. I made'em myself last week. Best thing I've cooked in ages."
"See?" said Lenny. "Gives you some satisfaction, doesn't it?"
- Liquor, Poppy Z. Brite
(I've had this book for about 2 years now - I love Poppy's stuff - mind you it is all gothic fantasy horror stuff that I loved especially in high school... And some it is kinda hot too... But this book is apparently very different, based on a couple of chefs in New Orleans struggling through addictions and opening a new restaurant. It is also my "on the plane" book for my trip later today.)
posted by traxis @ 7:46 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home