I said I was going to be a better blogger, but when crazy interesting stuff is going on in the world, I disappear.
I was super busy last week - a big meeting on Thursday with most of the day-time dedicated to working on that presentation. Not sure the outcome of it, but got to meet several strong supporters at one of my member schools. Something about guys from Toronto...
Snowstorm from hell - if hell were cold - and snowy - you know...
Friday drove to Calgary for a meeting - it went quite well. It was worth the drive down, noteably because the student we appointed to the committee apparently never said a damn thing at the meetings she "attended" nor is there a record of her participation in recent meetings. UHG. So frustrating. Did get to go to a dinner so early that Seniors would thing we were crazy with the lovelly Miss Jessica P. Enjoyed some shopping with her too - just like high school :) The drive there and back was pretty good -the storm obviously was localized to Edmonton. Sang in the car at the top of my lungs the whole time. Fantastic.
Saturday did my duty as a "Conservative" and voted.... my guy didn't get to the next ballot - but I was indeed surprised and impressed about how Ed Stelmach came out from the woodwork! Shocking! The next ballot is a little weird, but I think I already have my choice(s) down - just need to consider what, if anything, the implications are of voting for guy #1 and guy #2 are... Also, enjoyed Dim Sum, more driving, what turned out to be useless window-shopping, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Sunday got to sleep in - finally - then took the dog to the drive-thru before heading to the dog park. It was bitchin' cold. Got some knitting in while watching more meatwad/master shake/frylock action, then went to the Tanners and slammed out 3 batches of home-made salsa. Boyaka! I cannot believe how off the cup-to-lbs estimate is in the Bernardin cookbook. We had only planned to make 2 batches. Meh. Hershey was very good at the Tanners - looks like the dog sitting will work well in January. Shoveled the front walk at 2 am. Sick.
Today I am taking the day off bitches! It is too cold to go to work, especially since I had 3 extra-long days in a row last week. Going to kill more knitting, clean the house (it is such a mess with Chris' junk), and finish my book. May also go out if the mess drives me crazy. Dunno yet... oh geez - it's 11 AM already and STILL snowing - outing = unlikely.
In completely unrelated news, I have not bought a tabloid/celebrity mag in nearly 5 months. Woo!
posted by traxis @ 10:50 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home