The Rules:
1. If you're tagged, you must post the rules - which are:
2. You post your 8 random facts.
3. At the end of your blog, you tag someone else and they must post their random facts.
4. You leave your chosen people a comment telling them they've been tagged.
8 Random Facts
1. I collect books about Andy Warhol. To date, I have acquired 23. The most expensive was over $100 which documented Warhol's influence on style. The most rare one is the first-edition hardcover (with dustjacket) "America" book. I've read countless other books from the library re: Warhol, watched ever biography and biopic made about him & his entourage, seen 4 or 5 of his original movies (including the absolutely frustrating "Chelsea Girls") and driven out to Pitsburgh specifically to see the Andy Warhol Museum.
2. I am terribly allergic to fruit (apples, pears, peaches, cherries) and some random vegetables, such as celery. I wasn't allergic before and now the list of things that make my throat swell up keeps growing steadilly.
3. One time, Peter McKay hit on me at the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa. It was hot.
4. I really like my printed and cursive handwriting. My dad made me practice when I was little and I hated it at the time. Now, I'm very glad he did because my writing looks crisp and adult.
5. I cannot drive standard - it baffles me how you get your feet to do brake/clutch/gas
6. I do believe in intuition and that things happen for some reason. I have what I believe is a strong sense of intution and often get "deja vu" moments. I know it makes no sesne, and I'm not very cool with it either - frankly, anything supernatural in any sense creeps me out.
7. I wish it were 1994 again. I loved the years when My So Called Life was on TV, Pearl Jam was new, grungy clothes were so comfortable, Sassy magazine was the coolest thing in the world - also, that would have been grade 11 in high school, which I enjoyed a lot. I also got my licence in 1994 and driving the buick to the market to hang at coffee shops was so great.
8. My people & event memory is terrible - I can barely remember people who I spent several years with (e.g. old classmates). I don't recall clear instances of my day-to-day life, and I have to actually sit and concerntrate to figure out what I did in certain years. My whole undergrad and first few years of grad school are a blur - which is really unfortunate. Don't know why.
I tag Duncan & Gwen!
Labels: meme
posted by traxis @ 9:03 p.m.


3 Comments:
1994 was pretty good. suede, radiohead, lemonheads, NIN, Moist.
Good times. Good times.
God I feel OLD.
(laugh) Ah - and having you as my BFF certainly added to the fond memories of that year! :)
Post a Comment
» Home