I haven't had a break at all this month - work has been crazy busy - we are still down one office staff, and I'm super exhausted every day dealing with what seems to be "end of the world" situations while I'm there, but when I get home, I wonder why the hell we are dealing with so much shit, from such ridiculous sources, and spending so much time on it all. (grumble)
At home, we've been working non stop too.
And while the products of it is all great (more on that later), I'm so exhausted it's not even funny.
First off, about 2 weeks ago, one of Chris' friends was giving up on his (girlfriend's) car. They thought the thing was dead and wasn't worth fixing. Chris offered to help, and they said he could have the car (free) if he was able to fix it. Chris, of course, was able to (and for litterally just about a dozen dollars!) so we were able to have it (I did, eventually offer my recumbant exercise bike and $50 to make the deal a bit more balanced). Anyways, so now I have a vehicle, which is sooooo wonderful, but we did quite a bit more work on it too before it was set to go.
In the past weeks we've also been making a point to get a lot of household things with the wedding gift certificates and money we were given. We want to make use of these things, but at the same time, we are very aware that we'll be moving in about a year too - it is tough to be making purchases when we're suppose to be sizing down too. Nonetheless, we've been making very wise choice - got several big items (kitchen table set, kitchenaid mixer, cutlery set, kitchen storage) at excellent value.
We have also been trying to make use of these new things - so we've now begun cooking a lot from home - which is great, but exhausting. We've been switching off making supper, and have avoided going out for dinner during the week quite a bit. On the weekends, we've been trying lots of big things - such as prepping lunches ahead of time, or for instance, Chris made cinamon buns from scratch on Saturday. Things are all delicious, and it's a great habit to get into, but with everything else going on, it's a lot.
FInally, we've been working hard at reorganizing the kitchen. Ariel & I have made 6 batches of jam, salsa and other preserves, we've finished off the thank you cards (mostly!) for the wedding, trying to keep the house clean, raked all the leaves in the backyard, cleaned up the garage, and now, we're looking forward to getting some visitors - Chris' parents will be joining us shortly after Christmas for about a week.
Labels: cleaning, cooking, work
posted by traxis @ 8:46 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home