Well, I am not at the meeting I was supposed to attend today, starting at 9 am, but I have a damn good reason. Yesterday was Wendy's and Grant's b-day thing, which was really great. Lots of people came for at least some part of it. I tried sashimi (just the fish) for the first time - it wasn't bad, but my brain simply wasn't cooperating - it kept thinking 'this thing isn't cooked, you're going to be sick, stop eating that!' which I mannaged to supress for a few pieces but subcame when I tried to eat the tuna. Blah. Anyhow, I tried, and that's what's important. Dinner was followed by a helluvalot of drinking at a nearby bar - which I was totally up for, but didn't keep track of quantities like I should have. Double long island ice teas, gladiators, and an assortment of shots, oh my. By 1 am, Chris had decided to make his move (!) and things just got very friendly from there. At half-past two, they kicked us out of the bar, and we were sent home stumbling merrily. It was pretty obvious that I wasn't going to go home, but didn't know if I'd be crashing at Wendy's or at Chris'. Brad and Wendy were being snuggly as they tend to do when drunk, so Chris and I made our way to his place. Anyhow, the rest of the night is, um, hmmm, private - but good lord did I wake up dehydrated! Never ever ever mix drinking with raw fish, I felt nautious all the way back home (Chris made me walk across the bridge to get back to campus, I HATE bridges - I get Freudian death wish every time I'm forced to cross one). Went up to hydrate, ended up staying, and, hmm, missing my meeting with my supervisor. Poor Math group. Ah well, I will e-mail them my work later on today... maybe.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home