Watched that along with Full Metal Jacket over at Chris' today. He made pea soup from scratch and it was pretty good. Still trying to figure out what is the deal with not sleeping over all the time, but some of the time - argh. Confusing.
Last few days have been super busy with school - We had an in house conference at which I presented a poster and a talk (along with Carmen) and we had a special visitor from Pitsburg, one of the big guys in the field that I study. Good experiences, learned a lot. However, it was really draining.
Friday night went over to my friend Roxanne's for dinner with Chris, and another couple and Roxanne's fiance. We had fondue! So retro! We also had chocolate fondue for desert. Very nummy. But it was best of all to see her - haven't gotten to hang out with her as much as I would like to since she moved over here.
I went shopping today and got deal after deal. Initially went to cash in my coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase at Suzy Shier. I needed new capris for golfing and just being around this summer. But they were on sale at $20 (!) so also got a cross over t-shirt, and a pink frilly skirt, both of which will be great for ballroom dancing this summer. So on top of the 50% of the first $50, I also got my 10% off prestige membership deal! Then I though, hmmm, I could get shoes too! I went to Transit and they were having a sale too! Needed ankle height boots to replace my old ones (nearly 2 years old, totally worn out, and cracked, so letting water in - not good). Found a pair on sale for $39.99, and they were $10 off that price too! Then saw these cute black leather clog shoes with lace up ties on the side. They're so quirky and SOOOOO comfy. I need a pair of low "everyday" shoes to replace some cheap-o World of Shoes shoes that I had bought back in Toronto. They were more expensive $49.99, but I had a coupon that made them 10% off! YAY! So with all these purchases, I had reached just above the $150 limit to get a free gift from the shopping center. And you know what, it wasn't some cheap bag or something. It was a foot care kit from the expensive salon chain out here Evelyne Charles. Good stuff! That was worth over 50$ AND it includes a 10$ gift certificate! Yowza! Good for me!
Okay. I really should go to bed - we're loosing one hour here tonight. I must also figure out all my clocks. Too many!
posted by traxis @ 1:10 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home