The cookies story basically goes like this: My mum was clearing out the kitchen cupboards and had a bunch of little wicker baskets (about the size of a saucer) that she was going to throw out. I told her that I wanted them, they'd be great mini gift baskets. So I painted one gold, and had baked some chocolate chip cookies. I put a few cookies in some blue tissue paper and put them in the gold basket, and tied the whole thing up with gold stared cello and sparkly blue stared tinsel. We went over to Sips to visit Derek, and I gave him the cookies. He was so pleased with them, how cute the package looked, that he didn't open them. A few months later, he said that he still had them all wrapped up. Adam said that about a year ago, Derek still mentioned that he had the cookies - that's been over 3 years! He's just that quirky and cute.
It was good to hear from Adam. Apparently, though, the cause of death is not clear - Derek may have fallen or possibly jumped from the balcony of his apartment - the investigation has come out inconclusive to date - it may take up to 3 months to know for sure.
Personally, I'd rather think that it was an accident.
Derek was such a good boy (man), always so silly and definitely knew how to flirt with a girl. He was like part of our gang even though he wasn't. When Adam and I wanted to ditch Amy's party, he totally agreed, he thought it was lame for her to schedule it so late and for so short a time (8:30-11:00 pm) it was, like he said "Give me my presents, and good bye".
Derek also had these beautiful cheekbones, his hair was really soft (MadSide girl and I had a thing for asking to touch people's hair for a while), and he had one of those nice tall, skinny bodies that I love. He always looked down at the ground when he danced, and he spoke very softly.
Very very sweet boy.
posted by traxis @ 2:15 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home