Blah.
It started on Friday when Chris and I got in a big fight about things and being frustrated with work and trying not to take it out on the other person, and all, but it just blew up. I was so exhausted by the end of the night that I fell straight asleep and woke up the next morning with a terrible sore throat, runny nose, huge headache, and stiff neck.
Saturday was pretty much a write off, we just went to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and then came back home. It was sorta okay. Too much of the same, not enough "wow". Ah well. Had been a long time since I read book 2, didn't remember very much of it... I read 1,2, and 3 all very quickly. Seemed like they focused only on the action and not much on the relationships between people, so that was too bad, made the film kinda flat.
School's been going okay. Did another presentation for my class, I think I'll be getting a pretty good grade in this course. I've been pretty good about keeping up to date on the readings and stuff, but I still have to do a lot of work for the final project (due in 2 weeks!)
The office has been keeping me incredibly busy. I've had to deal with both tuition and employment negotiations, as well as writing, laying out, and publishing our newsletter, and all the other regular business stuff. I was really mad at one of the executive - he hadn't been doing his own work, and much less supporting me with the newsletter, which is his job too. Apparently there were "communication problems" but I mean, really, YOU KNOW what you have to do - it's in your job description, it's not hard! I don't know what's wrong with some people, really. Anyhow, Brad spoke with him, and hopefully the problem will be fixed.
Chris is convocating this week, his parents are coming into town for a few days starting Wednesday - we'll see how that goes! I haven't met them yet, and they sound like they're really nice, but it's a pretty big thing to not have met them and Chris and I have been living together and going out for a year almost.
We also have a guest lecturer coming in to the department this week - will miss the first talk because of convocation, but will get to do all the Friday events. He's a huge name in bilingual reearch, so that'll be really interesting.
What else? Oh, almost done my x-mas shopping. Got really lovely gifts for my grandparents - classy stuff. I think they'll love them. Still don't know what to get for my dad, and still need a host gift for Chris' family. Other than that, nearly everything is done, including the wrapping! So good!
Okay. In writing this, I've realized the many things I still need to do, so will have to cut it off there.
posted by traxis @ 10:01 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home