Saturday, September 06, 2003

Glahrg. Hung over.
yesterday was the "orientation day" for both my departmental grads and the GSA. Chris and I got up at 7:30, then were at school by nine. I went to take care of psych stuff while he ran around for the GSA picking up deliveries and droping them off all over campus. I postered the quad with direction arows for the orientation sessions and the BBQ, and then went to poster my department with direction signs for my grad group orientation too. I ordered pizza, sent out reminders, and checked in on the GSA office to see if they needed help.

The pizza driver didn't understand the directions I gave him (or he was lazy), and I had to run to his car, then get driven back to the right door, before helping him deliver the food to our room. I then ran a meeting with pretty good turn-out, wrangled volunteers for the year, and dealt with some "concerns" (read: gripes), some waranted, others not. The VPLR from the GSA, who seems not to like me very much (I don't care for her for personal reasons - too long a story), did a good job of informing the students about the GSA, however she made a few factual mistakes here and there. She did promote the potential health plan, which was really nice.

Session ended exactly at 2 pm, which was great. Headed off to the GSA, and held down the fort there, along with helping out with the orientation prep and set up. It was a bit ridiculous that the current Execs didn't know what to do, and/or the VP SS didn't do a good job informing everyone as to what they needed to do - in fact he didn't show up until the BBQ was up and running for a half-hour, which meant Chris and I ran the event, pretty much. Not good. Chris is going to bring it up at Council on monday. Rightfully so.

After the very successful event wound up (around 8 pm), Chris and I stayed to help clean up, but only until he took care of the sound system. Then we left. It was nice not having to stay right up until the end. We drove home, dropping off Timmy's coffee urns on the way, and cleaned up. After a day of running around lifting heavy stuff and being rough and tumble, I put on my new high high heals, a slinky skirt, and a cute tank top - made my hair curly and put on sparkly makeup. I wanted to be as girly as possible. We then took a cab to the Stonehouse pub, where we met up with Dan, Colin, Daniel N., and Grant - Dan P. was supposed to show up too, but he was too loaded from an earlier bar outing. The music was good - some fun 80's stuff, and R&B stuff that you can really dance to. Danced on the horribly designed floor with Chris, then with Colin and Dan too - Colin was so much fun - he has, for some reason, trained himself to be as muppet-like as possible - and danced that way too. It was fantastic. I drank only cider so although hung over now and a bit dehydrated over night, I didn't feel sick at all. Both our cab drivers on the way over and back were fantastic. We ended the night early, getting home before 1 am, because we were exhausted - however, yesterday was just great - hadn't danced in a really long time, and I loved being the only girl in a group of 5+ guys. Makes me feel even more girly - which is a great feeling.

posted by traxis @ 1:29 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary