Have had a really insane couple of weeks. Mostly I had been working towards my trip to Vancouver where we went to do graduate student stuff and hold a meeting. It was okay, I mean, we got what we wanted to do done, and moreover I was thanked a bunch of times for the work that I had done. I enjoyed getting to see a bit more of Vancouver, and things were good with both D and G on the way down and back.
Something that wasn't quite so good before the trip however was the Octoberfest party we held at our house... people got rowdy and stayed too late - had they left even an hour earlier, I would have been a much happier camper. I guess I just peaked early and then wanted a mellow event, whereas nearly everyone else had kept building on their fun. D46 was rather annoying actually, he was sitting on people, trying to be flirty but failing miserably (as everyone is simply coupled or would never be interested) and went and got Chris' guitar and played on it without asking and was kinda careless with it too. Anyhow, did get to talk with C a lot and I think our two new friends B & A really enjoyed themselves. CMcD wore a kilt which was great - except for the fact that he kept forgetting to sit like a girl :) Anyhow, it was a really successful party, we were great hosts, and my new couch (a cheapo futon from a pawn shop - but in fantastic condition) fit the living room perfectly.
Okay, in Vancouver got to go dancing till the wee hours one night - I really missed that. HOWEVER, I don't miss dealing with drunk-off-their-ass friends and their lewd behaviour. B was a total slob being incredibly inappropriate with L, and I just don't know what to say or do about it because B's girlfriend is someone that I care about and don't want to hurt, yet she should know, but I don't want to be the one to do it, but B's my friend, but... sigh. This is the problem. What do you do when you know something that would break up a relationship, yet was important enough that you would do it if you weren't friends with both parties... I don't know. I want to tell Chris about it, but since he's away right now, I don't think I'll burden him with it now.
Today was good, got some work done. Found out that I'm owed over $3k in reimbursements for travel and more. Am not prepared for the presentation to government tomorrow, and have even less drive to go to Ottawa for another presentation this weekend. I'm likely going to get everything done, but it just seems like so much.
For instance, tomorrow, I was supposed to hold a discussion group for the class that I'm TAing, but since the textbook (and testing materials) I ordered (which should have been ordered by the proff several months ago) didn't arive, there's not much for me to teach. Then, I have to get the exam printed, which is not a big deal, but time is tight. After lunch (likely leftover crab, spinach and parmesan risotto) going to downtown to present to government. Want to finish my results section tomorrow too - it's taken far too long. Maybe I can finish that tonight... Then, likely come home for dinner and then there's the Halloween party that everyone is going to, but since Chris won't be there, it won't be as fun, and I don't know if I want to deal with more rowdy poorly-behaved people. Would like to hang with the CS people though, especially since D & A aren't going to be around much longer (they're moving back home :( )
Thursday I'm to show up for testing practice at noon until 3, then go to the Chancellor's search in the later evening. I then have to pack again - because Friday after lunch I'm off again to Ottawa. Going to see Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars, with my brother, who will hopefully be fun and not a wet blanket, and then on Saturday presenting to government again. Sunday after lunch I head back, and maybe Chris'll be able to [ick me up at the airport.
In the meanwhile, I need to do laundry and dishes, and figure out why there are these wierd little bugs around the house. They're yucky and coocooning. Oh, and I'm kinda sorta watching Nova right now, and it's not making any sense. They're trying to explain String Theory and I've missed a bunch - would like to follow. They're using a bunch of wierd CGI things that are rather distracting.
Oh - and must water the plants. I should go do that now.
posted by traxis @ 9:29 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home