Tuesday, September 30, 2003

yes, I know it's been a long time - I can see the previous blog below. I've been working my ass of for our national group, our lab project, and the guy whom I am TAing for. In the last week I have been to Montreal and back, got media packages together for our organization, along with business cards and pamphlets, have coordinated a conference in Vancouver, have written to nearly 100 schools, politicians and lobbyist, written, proctored and marked an exam, gone through a stupid chapter we've written for references, twice, and have also managed to clean up the kitchen, bring out the fall clothes, and dig up weeds in the lawn, plant blubs, pull out old plants and shape the new garden.

Oh - also went to see Matchstick Men which was really good (despite staring Nicholas Cage) and Underworld which sucked royally (despite the very cool jumping effects).

I am totally exhausted!

I really really wanted to hang out with X while in Montreal, but with her having to go back to Ottawa for 3 of the 4 days I was there, and me having to court schools to join our organization (which is so damned hard, you wouldn't believe it), there simply was no time. I also had to deal with this girl, who although nice most of the time, was rather ditzy and clueless and taunted some poor street punk with her poutine and then was upset when we bitched her out for it. So dumb. Dan and I got along royally the whole time we were there - it was good to be working with someone so organized who felt like this role was a job, not a fun hobby.

However, with our meager success in Montreal, we now have tons and tons of work to do to follow up on promisses, signs of interest and upcoming meetings.

Nevertheless, am still trying to work on school stuff. Have got the exam answer key almost all done, then will take care of a few funner things (e.g. changing the wreath outside the door, writing 2 birthday cards) - followed by some sit-down work. Don't know how much actual school work I'll get done, but will hopefully get all the junk out of the way, and get to do more school stuff on Thursday.

Tomorrow must go to health plan town hall instead of Shadowrun. Uhg. Wishing I could clone myself right now.

posted by traxis @ 10:18 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary