Let's start with Chris. I love Chris, but I don't like him very much right now. He's driving me nuts with his sad case attitude - oh no, I was sick last week, oh I had to do work for my presentation, oh, I have to finish an article before I go. Frankly, he has not managed his time well, and he's now done nothing fun with me and he's leaving first thing Saturday morning, and he hasn't packed, or bought his money, or ordered his cab or anything yet. And this will all aparently happen before he goes - beats the hell out of me how he'll do this because he's got a ton of laundry and I'm not helping him this time. I've done all the house chores for the last month (and most of the chores since we've moved in together). He's working slow as hell because he's watching TV while he works. Frankly, when I watch TV when I work, I make sure it's something stupid like reality TV or music videos SPECIFICALLY so I don't have to pay attention to it. He's watching documentaries and the news and the olympics - which is fine, but he's being distracted from his work.
He's also really pissing me off for the way that he's criticizing me recently - it's been about everything! I know he means to be helpful, but telling me at midnight last night, after I had been trying to sleep for half an hour that he doesn't think I'll graduate this year, DOES NOT HELP. I am fucking frustrated with all the "let's not eat anything fatty tonight" but he's had big breakfast and lunch (while I'm eating leftovers), or "you haven't done any exercise recently" but tells me that the biking I do to run errands doesn't count (and honestly, I'm tired and my back kills me after work, so I have no interest in sport, plus when I suggested some outings last weekend, he wasn't interested in going, and all the sports we do together, or I need a ride to get to a location for it). He's telling me not to shop, and not to itch and not to watch crap tv and do this and do that. FUCK it's anoying.
I don't know what his problem is. I myself have so much to think about I don't need anyone acting as some twisted concience. I would have it all out with him but he's leaving in less than 48 hours, and frankly, I have more important things to deal with; my second interview that is happening tomorrow and working on my thesis.
Work work has also been very frustrating. I had a meeting on Tuesday where I was told that although the work I had done was good I still had to address these stupid little things which I think were just make-work tasks so that my bitchy supervisor could feel like she's responsible for ordering me around. My nice supervisor is nice, as always, but she's rarely around, so it's tough. There's this other REALLY nice lady who's been very helpful and supportive. She and I went driving out to drop off draft copies for review by centres yesterday - I got her flowers to thank her this morning and she just came in to hug me. That's what co-workers should be like.
Anyhow, this morning I've been able to do the last few things I was supposed to do for work. I'll make one more call this afternoon to a centre, and write a note for this application form thing I revised. I have already paid off my bills and did some banking, and I have cleaned my desk and my dishes. I called Jeff and will be booking an appointment with him later this afternoon, hopefully for next week. I'm going to get my hair cut at lunch and frankly I don't want to go home after work. Chris is being an ass and he needs to realize it. I've got my computer with me, so I can go work at a coffee shop or something or even go out to a movie to just forget all the shit for a while.
posted by traxis @ 10:02 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home