Imagine this: honour roll student in Alberta gets the opportunity to take part in the Page program at the Legislature. What a wonderful program, teaching students about politics and governance. And despite the silly trays and vests, the gig is a pretty great one.
Today Ralph Klein THREW A BOOK at one of these students in Question Period today. He threw a book at a high school student - a GIRL high school student.
Crazy. No amount of "sorries" can make up for that.
posted by traxis @ 7:02 p.m.


5 Comments:
I don't see how her being a girl makes a difference. Either way, totally inexcusable!
sorry did you want the page to be referred to as a "17 year old human"? it is common to refer to people by their gender in English - "that man" or "that woman" or "that boy."
Hello, anonymous defensive person. I was querying the quote of "He threw a book at a high school student - a GIRL high school student." Or is that also to be considered a naturally flowing emphasis?
My language skills just aren't what they used to be. :(
He didn't actually throw it AT her. He tossed it over his shoulder in disgust and she happened to still be there. I know it is still bad but the girl herself publically said that he didn't throw it at her.
Oh well. I guess being Premier is a hard enough job without having to deal with the Liberal Party
:-)
(shaking head) the whole thing is crazy... If I were the opposition, I'd be pushing every button until he goes totally nuts, the situation is ripe for the picking!
Post a Comment
» Home