There are about 15 hours left before one of the biggest event I have ever planned will begin. There are still lots of little things to do, but there are some pretty darn big things too: Little thing - finish more nametags. Big thing - prepare a powerpoint presentation for Thursday AM.
And it seems like everything in the world is trying to make it so that I can't finish all my work on time. I spent half of today on the phone it seems - and while most of the conversations were actually very good, it was very frustrating. I feel like I need an assistant so that I can be in two places at once - someone to take care of picking up the photocopies from the print shop while I can respond to the crazy announcements that have been happening in the last 48 hours. Uhg.
Quite frankly, I don't know what else I could have done. I suppose there was the week away from work while my brother was visiting, but really, I would have gone to a conference for half of that time anyways, and I NEED to get rid of some of my banked time.
Another problem is the fact that I am trying SO HARD to have a perfect conference - it is very difficult indeed to be a perfectionist when things keep changing around you. And now, I am distracted because I am near the end - either of the time that I have left available or of the actual work that needs to be done. Must recap offline to get my thoughts straight. See you in 4 days.
posted by traxis @ 10:14 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home