Saturday, December 15, 2001

What a day yesterday! Floated on cloud nine all day, thinking "mmmmmm...Chris" and being very giggly. Wendy and Brad found out some details, still waiting for Paula's call to give her all the dirt. Managed to do a lot of the work I had due this week yesterday - now my conscience is appeased. Must do 1 more project and complete a letter before the weekend and I am sent off home without real work, just reading.
Kind of lonely today, given that Chris is gone and I won't see him until maybe the 7th when I get back. I hope he'll e-mail me at least while we're back home, I'd really really like that. I've gotten so sappy in 1 day! Men have very strange powers. At least he came by the office yesterday to say goodbye, I saw him outside and we chatted for a few minutes. Gave me a hug and a kiss and then left. I litterally skipped to the door (I tend to do that when smittened). Warm fuzzy feeling.
Today the office is coming over for potluck and gift sharing. I love giving gifts and playing Martha Stewart. Must vacuum, dust, do dishes, clean kitchen, put away all my work, get stuff back from the office, take a shower, clean the bathroom, make a dish (what shall I cook??), then do dishes again, take out the trash, set the table, create a nice atmosphere (sounds, smells, lights), then get ready to welcome my guests. Have to do this all again tomorrow when my psych office comes for our x-mast party.
Perhaps I'll make the chickpea curry: 1 can chickpeas, 1 can diced tomatoes (with packing juice), 1 chopped onion, 2-3 chopped pealed potatoes, 1/4 cup rice (optional), 1 big handful of spinach, 2 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp cumin, lots of salt and peper, all thrown together in a large pot, brought to a boil then reduced to a simmer for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and/or the rice is ready. Deadly easy, makes a huge quantity of food, stores well in the fridge in individual sized tupperware, and reheats easily for lunch the next day.
Need to make something chicken-y for tomorrow though, argh, need Martha.
mmmmm... Chris.

posted by traxis @ 11:13 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary