Just came back from jogging - terrible. Had a footlong sub and a gingerale about 30 minutes before running, and am apparently cramping due to pms. yuck. Valentine's day was really great. Left a little card out for Chris at his office around 7:45 am, then took the train to downtown to buy display supplies. Cabbed back to campus, put the display together, carried it over to the alumni presentation, then stood there and aswered a few questions about our office to alumni visitors. Stayed for about an hour till 10:30, met an old prof from psych who was really nice and got to listen to some punjabi music, which was really cool. Went to the office for a bit, then went home to pick up my work for my class. Went to class, almost fell asleep (in the front row!) so decided I needed to go running to wake me up before my next class. Went home again (love living on campus), got my running stuff, called and left a message to ask if he wanted to come, then took off. Ran three laps around the rink and walked one for 3 repetitions. Took a good 20 minutes, just enough for that day. Saw Chris on my way out, he was very impressed that I went jogging on my own! funny guy. Went to class, and sat there for like 30 minutes then we were dismissed! Came home, took a shower, cleaned the house up a bit, wrapped Chris' b-day gift, packed up my stuff for overnight, then got dressed. Chris was right on time as always, opened the door to him carrying a big oval roasting pan with a big red bow on it (I had mentioned that I didn't have a real pan, and had cooked my turkey and other meaty things in my baking pans - which were wearing out because of this). Big hugs, then opened up the pan to find a red rose and a card (a sparkly, very pink, Powerpuffs Girls valentines day card, with "Happy valentines' day to my favourite punk rocker ever, Love Chris xoxoxoxo" written on it) so sweet! I gave him the bright-orange covered box that contained his
Mission Hill dog t-shirt and a bag of sourpatch kids. He opened the shirt up and was like "SO COOL!" He really really liked it. We hung out for a bit, cuddling before taking off for dinner. Drove to the restaurant, he let me out in front of their doors so I wouldn't have to walk from the parking lot... he always opens car doors and other doors for me. We had to wait a bit in the reception area of the restaurant, which was fine, except it was crowded and people were getting rather bitchy about having to wait. I also began to cought because of this dish at the greek restaurant which is basically a big hunk of cheese that they set on fire - creates lots of steam with oily/liquory/lemony fumes. Everyone orders it because, hey, fire and cheese are cool! Saw this girl from my TA class, chatted a bit with her, they got seated right behind our table at the upper level of the restaurant. Chris and I both ordered leg of lamb (yum!) and enjoyed feta and olives as appetizers. About 2/3 of the way through the meal, the lights dimmed, the music got louder, and a boy and girl belly dancer came out as entertainment. They were very good and playing around with the customers, which was great fun. The lady belly dancer would put her scarf thing around another lady's neck, then the boy belly dancer would come and pick up the scarf and make the lady customer dance with him. They did this to this lady sitting near us, and she refused to get up and dance - I told Chris that she was no fun, and that you totally should dance if they invite you to. Not 5 minutes later, I get the scarf put around me! Ack! So, true to my word, I get up and dance with the boy belly dancer, spun around, and noticed Melissa from my TA class staring at me in disbelief! So funny. Then also noticed that the girl belly dancer was sitting in my chair and shimmying her goods at Chris, who looked very entertained by everything that was going on. I told the boy belly dancer that I had to go defend my turf, then turned to the girl dancer, and gave her the "You're outta here" thumb point, and sat back in my seat. It was really really funny. Dinner was great, and Chris paid for the whole thing. We got to the car (door was opend for me once again), then went to the moives to see
A Beautiful Mind, very very good movie, more on the psychological/psychiatric side than on the math side, but still excellent. They got Russel Crowe to do a good job, not be a dirty man like he normally is. Went back to Chris' after for a night of fun and romance. Woke up to more fun (!) and gave him his birthday gift (school sweatshirt with hooddie and licorice) he really really liked it. Then when we 'celebrated' equipment failed, which meant that I had to go to the doctors, no biggie, but that added something not quite enjoyable to do to the rest of the day (the remedy makes you very nautious). Anyhow, we had a nice big breakfast, and then Chris drove me to my 1 pm meeting with the slate - he had his guitar lesson to go to. Meeting was pretty pointless as the results weren't official thus not given to us, but we enjoyed each others' company anyways. Had a 3:30 pm meeting with one of our business collegues at the office, which actually ended up lasting till 5 pm. We finally got a call with more unofficial results, which were very good, everyone in our slate got into office! YAY! They will be confirmed on Wednesday hopefully. Went out for beer with Wendy, Brad, Emily and Grant after the meeting, and had 1 beer while watching Team Canada get whooped by the Sweedes in hockey. Got home, took another shower, got dressed, and was ready to go when my neighbourgh called to get the vaccuum, so had to go give it to her, was delayed a bit because of that, ran to catch the train with my friends, they weren't there, was late some more by calling them, missed the 6:15 train, had to wait till 6:30, got out of the train station at 6:45, and then got very lost. Didn't know where the restaurant was, and noboddy was answering their cellphones, so called 411 to get the restaurant address. They gave me the wrong number. Finally got a call from Chris at the restaurant, worried about me being so late (never late usually), and he offered to come pick me up wherever I was. Realized that I was only 5 blocks from the restaurant (was going the wrong way completely) so said I'd walk there. Was so late, but everyone was happy to see me. Had Paella for dinner, and chocolate fondue (all fruits that I could eat!) Nice! We then went to Squires for drinking, but once again, seafood for dinner didn't agree with the shots and cider, so ended up puking in the bar toilet, and then pretty much falling asleep on people's jackets. Had bought Chris nearly all his drinks, so he felt really bad for me when I had felt so sick. Kept patting my hair and making sure I was comfortable. So sweet. Went home, rather stumbly, and had some water, which made me feel much better. Lying down also helped. He was a little drunk too and kept telling me how wonderful a day he had, and it was all because of me, and that he hadn't had a birthday this good in a long time, and that he's really enjoyed the last month and a half we've spent together, and so many more sweet things. He then said that "I still don't see what you see in me" to which I told him all the things I like about him, and also told him that I hope that he can see these things in himself too. He gave me big hugs and told me that "I really really care for you" and I said "I really care for you too". We then celebrated the last few minutes of his birthday, and he told me "I really do love you, you know" and I was a little shocked, but hugged him, and we continued on. Later I said, that I had heard what he said, was very touched by it, but didn't think I was ready to say the same thing back to him, to which he said he understood, but then I knew he was a little nervous about having said that. This morning, he tried to take back something else that he had said (i.e. that he was going to tell me where he was learning in-the-sack tricks), and then continued to say that he had said things that he didn't mean last night. Got very quiet and very sad, so I laid down on the bed and put my head in the pillow - didn't know if I was going to cry, didn't think it was right to ask him about the 'love' comment - I would be fishing for an answer, which wouldn't be fair. But Chris noticed that he had said something to upset me, (not upset ANGRY, but upset, disturb) so he kept asking what was wrong. Finally felt I had to ask, so asked if he meant that he wanted to take back everything he said, to which he said no, and I said, because there were some pretty important things said last night, and he said he felt uncomfortable saying them right now, it may have been too early to say them at this stage in the game, and was worried that I would take things the wrong way. I was very confused, not sure if he had meant it or not last night, so he clarified that he did feel "that way" but didn't want me to misenterpret what he said. I told him "I don't expect anything more from you or from this thing (our relationship) because you feel that way. I am very happy that you feel that way, and I care for you very much" which I think resolved both of our fears/confusions. Anyhow, watched
American Muscle Cars while Chris carved up a pineapple and made spaghetti for brunch. He finally burped in front of me (he and his friends are apparently notorious for their burps) it was freaking loud and scary - I actually left the table for a good five minutes I was so freaked! Anyhow, he had treated me like a princess for the whole weekend, and had really enjoyed it all. Drove me home (where I took a bath and changed my clothes, watched some tv and ate food) then we met up about 2 hours later to go jogging - you've already heard the failed tale of that. Will be going over tomorrow night with the rest of the slate for turkey dinner, preceeded by D&D at Tamsen's house (had enough of cleaning up after people). All in all very good last couple of days. Have to go to the grocery store now to get chocolate pecan pie ingredients. Also need food for next week as I don't have school and thus will have more time to cook at home! Very very very very happy with my relationship with Chris.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home