Ah, campaigning is finally over! I think all went well. Today was a mad mad mad day - didn't end up going to the daycare meeting because the delivery guys fucked up the conference stuff, and had to spend most of the morning waiting for them to do their jobs. Meeting with school group went well - feel very put-on-the-spot by my supervisor, but I think he realizes it and then tries to make me feel like I'm doing lots of hard work. Conference was off to a very fast start because didn't get the doors open until noon (bad! Brad's fault!) and it went well until about 2 when people started leaving and being dumb. Didn't go to stats class because was the only person maning the conference, couldn't get key to lock up until 3 pm (wendy took it to a meeting with her by accident), then didn't go to meeting with TA supervisor (prostponed till Weds) and then ran around trying to take down all our posters. Came home, exhausted, took a shower, went to meet some of the boys for a beer (I had ice tea and food, starved!) then came back home to watch Buffy with Chris, good episode - finally delt with Dawn, hopefully she won't be a brat anymore. Watched some Olympic coverage, including Stojko's (sp?) stumbly landing in his short program, and my parents called, they were back from their trip to Florida, tons to say, uncanny run-ins with distant cousin, old boyfriend, and other people. Told them about Chris (didn't want them to find out while away) they were very happy for me, they liked everything I told them about him to date (they'll love him). He was right there and trying not to look too interested in my description of us, he gave me a very nice foot rub. He was also shocked that I swear in front of my parents! He was like
when I said, "Oh for fuck's sakes!" to my mom, funny kid, my parents and I are more on a peer level than anything else really. They've always treated me like an adult, and so I feel I can say what I need to say, how I need to say it in front of them. Funny how different some families are. Got a call from Wendy about the mardi gras party I couldn't attend but planed out - she said turn out was very poor but things went okay. Then later met her at her car with Brad and Neil and Chris to get my book that I forgot at the office (am baned from the office for the next two days), and talked a bit about the contraventions of the opponents in the election. Not happy with the way things were run this year, very unprofessional given that the Evil Bitch Monster should know better. Ah well. Still haven't got Chris his birthday gift - must go to WEM tomorrow evening.
Am going to go read till I pass out now, hopefully will get all reading done. Will try to go jogging during my lunch-time break. So much work to do for school tomorrow!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home