The Awards Night went absolutely great last night - I was running around like mad in the morning, trying to go to 3 meetings, 1 presentation, and then last minute shopping for the event plus working more on the programs, the awards, and just trying to keep sane. We got everything set and ready right in time, then the ceremony started. The whole thing went on without a hitch, the presenters were so possitive and so warm and sharing. Most of our award winners showed up, and I think everyone liked the award we got them. We finished the ceremony about 10 minutes past 9, our estimated time of completion, and everyone went out into the lobby for the reception. The food was delish, the jazz trio we got were extremely talented, the set up was beautirific. Couldn't have been better. Tons of people, including the Lieutanant Governor, the Deans, and my favourite Alumni came to tell me presonally that I had done a great job. So nice of them! We also finished an hour early, which was great - we were out of there by 11, and Chris came back and gave me a nice foot rub - such a sweetie.
Things are going really well with him - we spent a lot of time together this week because I hid in his lab while trying to do my take-home midterm (which I failed, blah). We're doing really well in terms of just hanging out and parting casually - I don't feel like I NEED to be right next to him whenever we're in a social event, but rather know that I can see him if I need to, at pretty much any time. It's really good. He slept over after the social on Wednesday and again after the Award night Friday. He's getting much more comfortable with the whole "us" thing. This morning, while I was still sleeping (heck, it was 8:30 am) I kind of woke to find Chris petting me and playing with my hair, so sweet. We went out for breakfast at a REAL Chinese restaurant, followed by a few errands, it was nice and warm and sunny outside, and it was just really nice, really really nice.
I think the elections have been finalized - the results stand, and I think its going to be a great year next year. I picked up a racketball racket today - supposed to start playing this week with Brad. I also will keep running and I'm really thinking of doing Tae Kwon Do too. I think I'll have a bit more time now that the Awards night is over. I'm also asking for golf clubs for my birthday this summer! Can you believe it?! It would be really funny to see me, in what I have designated as my "golf outfit" (sport clogs, capris, my Wednesday Adams polo shirt, and my 'golf punk girl' hat - all black of course) in the midst of old men, and butchy golf ladies. I think it'll be a great skill to have for when I'm in the professional working world - one day... wishful thinking.
Bought a really great pair of pants at the Gap today - Hutton style - SO GOOD, low rise, plain front, perfect length, no pleats, big belt loops, non-streched thick canvasy cotton - can't stop saying great things about these pants! Also got another big thick belt - I buy guy's belts because they're thicker, last longer, and are way cheaper - get actual leather for the price of what you'd get plasticy stuff in the womens' dept. There was a sale at Chapters - so got 3 Canadian Lit books for the price of 2 - got a Thomas King novel, Barbra Gowdy's "The White Bone", and "A Good House" - looking forward to read something that doesn't have citations all over it. And hmmm - drugstore essentials, oh, and sportswear - a pair of light track pants, a long sleeve t-shirt, and a warmup jacket. I have become such a little Sporty Spice!
Tomorrow - must do some work and go running, then D&D. Next week is due to be a lot easier than the last, but not sure what I have to do work wise yet.
Okay - tired, must go fold laundry then go to sleep.
posted by traxis @ 11:04 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home