Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Just got in from a Senate function. Holy shit.
I'm just some schmuck kid right, well I was there hobnobbing with the Lieutenant Governor, the Chancellor, Alumni people, Government people, all shaking my hand, talking and laughing, and at the end of a gorgeous meal (with fruity liquored up flambe'd crepes and ice cream for desert!) everyone giving me hugs.
Yeah, that is so funny.
As I was walking out of the theater where the event was held, I saw this girl waiting for the bus across the street. She had long black hair with green streaks in the front, wearing an army jacket, a black baggy dress, and boots. I thought, "oh my god, that was ME only 4 and a bit years ago!"
Crazy juxtaposition.
I often feel like I'm living the biggest joke/lie with these people, they think I'm so smart, so dedicated, so good for the job. I see myself as just some goofy kid who walks around the office without shoes on, who sits on the floor to do work, who gets obsessed with crazy things like tumors with teeth, or the newest instalment of "The Shape of Life" on PBS, who'd rather play D&D than do research, and who can't spell for beans. Such a wierd feeling.
Oh, gotta go meet Chris (going out for coffee).
Oh, also, I'm on a latin music kick, but not sucky Enrique shit, good old bluesy stuff, like Bebel Gilberto and Omara Portuondo and of course Buena Vista Social Club stuff too. What is going on!??!?!

posted by traxis @ 8:22 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary