Woke up nice and late (9 am) had a bath then a shower (washing hair and shaving legs need two seperate sources of water in my opinion), styled my hair properly, got all dressed up, then went out with Chris to lunch at a nice little Italian restaurant. Ran a few errands, then went to convocation. Got in my Senate robes, very fancy except the damn scarf has a gold thread trim that is just incredibly itchy, and schmoozed with some of the platform party guests. Met with lots of University administrators, some of our faculty, politicians, and our beloved Lieutenant Govenor. Went back upstairs to take pictures with Chris and his family, then headed for the platform party to proceed to the stage.
Today's convocation was way nicer than yesterdays, more people that I knew, better speaches, and of course getting to congratulate Chris right after he crossed the stage. Very lovely ceremony. After it was done, went back to the lobby, more pictures, then we got out of the robes and went to get the car. We headed back home for a short while, I had the opportunity to tie up some loose ends for tomorrows talks by Dr. Genesee, then we went to dinner.
Had such a wonderful meal at the Moose Factory, a high class steak house, complete with Alligator for our appetizer (does taste exactly like chicken), steak and king crab with delicious garlic mashed potatoes and veggies, then shared apple pie with this amazing strawberry rhubarb sauce. SO MUCH FOOD! It was wonderful. I also got to hear all sorts of stories from Chris' parents. I really like them and they apparently really like me too, which is a relief. I was a bit nervous about meeting them, and it was good that I got to meet them here before spending a week at their house in Toronto next month.
I got Chris a gold UofA pin as a graduation gift. It wasn't very much, but it's a nice memento. He really likes it, and I think it was really appropriate that I was the one to give him something from our school. He has asked for a mantle clock from his parents, I thought he might get a really nice diploma frame, so I didn't get that for him, plus it would be really permanent. I think my gift was a good one.
So he's going to be busy showing his parents around tomorrow, I have lots to do with Dr. Genesee, and then Saturday we're going to have brunch with some of these other kids who graduate today. I think we'll be going sightseeing in the afternoon, and probably have a nice little supper over at our place Saturday evening. Sunday Chris will be driving his parents to the airport in the morning, and then the kids are coming over for D&D in the afternoon - they're coming here so they can watch stupid Grey Cup football at the same time. Ah well, if we don't play this week, we won't get to play again until the new year, so it's worth the hassle.
Must wake up very early tomorrow so going to cut it off there.
posted by traxis @ 10:35 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home