I've been trying to be good about school while doing all this other work, and it's driving me nuts! I mean, okay, I didn't attend my class last Wednesday, but that's because my yearly report was due at the office. And I'm not going to attend today because, well, because I have to go to Calgary. I have a meeting there all day with the UofC people. I hope to god that Brad doesn't take over and yap the whole time... he can do that. When we went to Ottawa together this fall he serious talked every single minute there, and then on the flights he talked the whole time! Grrrrr.
My conference is going well; I've expanded it a lot like I said, but it's getting to the confusing/subjective decisions now - stuff like what to order for snacks, how much coffee do I want to get? From which chain? What pizzas do I want to get for the lunch? Should I make my own veggie and fruit and cheese trays or preorder? Stuff like that. Silly brainless stuff, but decisions to make nonetheless.
One sad thing that happened in the city last week must be noted here: there was a big fire in the historic downtown street that everyone loves, Whyte Avenue. I'm linking to some news pictures, but they don't convey the gap that the fire has left. I mean, the fact that 10 businesses, including a pet store (where there was no chance of saving the animals) have been burnt down, alone, is a tragedy, but the meaning of these buildings, that they were built at the turn of the century, that the Fringe festival's epicenter is right there, and that so many people visited these places weekly if not daily - it's not possible to get that feeling just from the pictures.
Anyhow, I'd better leave it at that for now - will update more later.
posted by traxis @ 7:45 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home