Friday, January 24, 2003

So things are moving really fast. After an argument with my two lab mates, I've decided not to go to Florida for the conference there afterall. The one lab mate is having a rough time, she's breaking up with her boyfriend who we were all sure that they were going to get maried. She was being picky about hotels AFTER I had spent 2 nights searching the internet for something decently priced. The conference is being held in Tampa in April (not cheap) and the conference is actually being held at a waterfront hotel. VERY not cheap. So, Carmen doesn't want to stay far from the conference. She put her foot down that she didn't want to stay at the $55 USD hotel with the free 20 minute shuttle to the conference center, and rather wanted to stay at the $129 USD hotel that's 20 minutes WALK to the conference center.
I don't know, I mean we study math, so like isn't 20 minutes = 20 minutes?????
Freak.
I certainly don't have the money to throw around on something as stupid as a hotel room, and in addition, the fact that I was willling to share a room with the person who doesn't like me at all (Eliza) to save money, I am not going to keep doing that and pay wack-loads more money for it. It was stupid. So I put my foot down, and said, I don't have the money nor the time to do this, so I'm not going. I've made enough sacrafices for school this year, I don't want all those difficult decisions to have been made in vain.

So there.

Still keeping up on top of school stuff. Been to every single class and meeting, except for 2 where I had the wrong time noted in my planner. Sigh. Still, I think I'm being good.

For fun, Chris and I went out to see "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" at the indie theather here. Great movie, except the sound was fucked up for part of it... not sure if it was the low-budget filming techniques or the low-budget sound system at the theater. Went with Tamsen and some Comp Sci kids. Tamsen was non-stop obsessing about Grant and Wendy (both who are not my favourite people right now... they monopolize D&D). I feel for Tamsen, but dude, she's got to stop reanalyzing the past and get on with it. Yesterday, Chris and I went out with some CS people to Sushi. It was good, especially the yummy yummy Gyozas, but the sushi itself was kinda blah. Too many bones in the Eel, and the tuna sushi was not expected. Anyhow. It was good company.

Today we're going to Jasper for the weekend. It's going to be good to not have frustrations and to get away from things for a few days.

posted by traxis @ 11:16 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary