Monday, December 02, 2002

Procrastination!
Prooooooocrastination!
(I wonder what crastination is if I'm pro-it...?)

So another hugely busy week. Wednesday night I had class, it was good as usual. I have a paper to write for it (hence the procrastination), and a short presentation to prepare for next week. Uhg, well, it's definitely better than the horrid Multi Variate Statistics class I'm going to have to take next term (gag gag gag). After class Chris and I met up at a pub to blow off steam. It was really nice to have a cider with fries and gravy. Yummy!

BTW, Madside girl - gravies that are used in most places are mushroom based! You could tentatitvely still have poutine!

Thursday I had a brainflash. I came up with a lobbying idea for the provincial government to provide more money to universities (especially to prevent increased tuition costs). A Christmas Card writing campaign. I contacted lots of different groups, got the whole thing okay'd, and started advertising. I'll post the advert/newspiece link when the item is up on Wednesday. Other than that, didn't go to TA - bad me. Did school work at home in the evening - was a good girl then.

Friday I had math group first thing in the morning. Happily my supervisor was content with my progress. I am so frustrated with things being delayed and revised. Also, Chris and I are trying to plan a vacation around two conferences I have in the southern US - Arizona and Tampa Bay, Florida. We could drive down to Floriday first, head cross Texas and stuff until we got to Pheonix. Then, after that conference ends, go to Las Vegas and the dessert on our way home. I think that would be great. The only sucky thing would be that we wouldn't go to Las Vegas over reading week - but that's okay. This plan is cheaper. After we were done at school, went home to get ready for our ballroom dancing formal.

Wore a very pretty pouffy long champagne coloured skirt with a short sleeved black velvet mock-turtleneck. Chris surprised me with a wonderful gift - a gold heart pendant with some tenny diamonds on one side of the heart. It is so lovely! I've never gotten diamonds from anyone before, so it was quite a big thing. We had a great night, all dressed up and dancing up a storm. We are doing much better than at the last dance - we know so many more moves and mess up a whole lot less. Very good progress. Next term we will take level 3, which will polish what we know even more.

Saturday went out for Dim Sum! Had jell-o with a tiny pandy paper decoration (kept it of course, very cute). Went to A&B sound (a great electronics store that has super-discount prices on CD's). Got ABBA and a double album from Ron Sexsmith. Love them both. Chris went Christmas shopping and I fuddled around the house. We stayed in for dinner and watched the extended version of Lord of the Rings which was really good - filled in a lot of the gaps, and fix the running-around problem the first version had.

Sunday went to run errands in the morning while ridding our bikes. It was such a lovely weathered weekend that we had to take advantage of it. Made a big salad and baked cookies for a math group X-mas party at Carmen's. We had a really good time there. My supervisor and his wife make this awesome spinach casserole - to die for. We played a x-mas gift game; everyone brings in a $5 gift, wrapped, unidentified, and we draw names for people to pick gifts. If you are picked, you can choose a gift from under the tree or steal one from someone else. If your gift is taken, then you can pick another gift from under the tree or steal another person's. Anyhow, we all ended up with some pretty cool stuff - Aldemar got a lava lamp (it was $8, but it worked just fine - like those $100 ones!). Jody got the cookies and peanut brittle I made (with Chris' help), and Gay got the little tealight lantern that Chris bought. I got two very nice liqueur glasses, and Chris got a pretty postcard that was framed - the artist is local and well know around here.

So after a great and pretty relaxing weekend, it was back to work today. Went to a meeting at a coffee shop which didn't do as much good as I had hoped. I don't know. I think a lot of things that are going wrong, or that are a headache are just because of the regime of people who are in charge this year - if I become President next year, things will be very different. I know my limits. Anyhow, I tried. Went back to the office and did junky work all day. Didn't really get much accomplished (wasn't procrastinating though!)

Did find out one huge gossip thing: my friends Tamsen and Grant broke off their engagement! They went to some kind of marriage-prep camp this weekend and I suppose realized that they weren't right for each other. Their whole relationship has been extremely dramatic, so in that sense, it's not too surprising; however it is still sad that it didn't turn out better, and sad that it was only at this far point in their relationship that they realized it wasn't going to work. I'm going to have lunch with Tamsen sometime this week to see how she's doing. I think Grant is holding up better right now, but hell, what a shock to the system.

Finally - In comparison, things are going REALLY well for Chris and I. We're both totatlly happy and feel supported and loved and all that other good stuff. We're going to celebrate X-mas this Saturday (admist a million other events), I got him a kit-gift; he has been looking for a proper straight razor to shave with, and I was able to find one on-line. I also got a shaving mug (a Wedgewood one at that!), a bristle brush and shaving foam soap. Will be adding on Aveda after-shave to the kit. Unfortunately the razor is taking forever to come in! Argh. No idea what he's gotten me - looking forward to celebrating on Saturday. We're going to go out for dinner in a nice restaurant, followed by gift opening. It will also mark our 1 year since our infamous first night together.... Definitely something to celebrate.

posted by traxis @ 10:36 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary