Sunday, December 08, 2002

Lovely week!
So Monday started off with a long meeting at a coffee shop with the office. It didn't go anywhere as well as I hoped - we didn't really sort out a bunch of stuff that I thought it would sort out - but whatever. Not going to have to deal with these issues for nearly a month when we go away for holiday. Other than that, I can't recall what we did.

Tuesday I had our first official negotiation meeting - it was rather frustrating because no one on the other team was willing to budge with their position. They simply said "no" to everything - this was rather pointless too because really, we weren't asking for that much - most of it was just requesting committees or taskforces to be put into place. After that was done, we went out to a coffee shop for a social - it was really great. Lots of people came, and I got to sit and talk with Alisson quite a bit. I'm glad I'm getting to know her better. Anyhow, good night overall.

Wednesday woke up crazy early again to work on a Dean's review commitee. It was easy to come up with the conclusion to renew his Deanship - Bill does an absolutely excelent job. The rest of the day was packed with more meetings, and finally my class in the evening. It was really nice to just go and talk about how wonderful the class was. After class went to a Christmas pageant with Chris at the opera house. There were choir singers, bell ringers, a pianist, and an organ player. Really amazing songs. We then went to a short recpetion with Alumni Council after, then went home and went to sleep.

Thursday woke up early again for another set of early morning meetings. I hated the first one as I had no idea what they were talking about - all this technical junk. Then had lots of different things to do - didn't get a whole heck of a lot done. Went to lunch with Tamsen to find out how she was doing - it was good for her, I think. She's doing pretty well all things given, but really, she's quite messed up and really needs to figure her life out. Anyhow, I think I helped as much as I could. Went to a christmas party hosted by the Senate in the evening. It was really great! Chancellor dressed up kinda like Santa and gave away gifts. It was so funny to see these heads of companies and community leaders act like little kids and sit on Chancellor Ferguson's knee. They gave away crystal glasses etched with the Senate's symbol. Really nice gift!

Friday again woke up really early to go to a meeting which I had to leave to go to another school-related meeting. After a full day of preping both at the office then at home, went to the office's open Christmas party. It was so nice to enjoy it and not really work too hard. Had some great conversations with university big wigs and students alike. I didn't feel to week at the beginning - almost like I was going to hurl at any time, but I knew that was because I was pretty exhausted from the long days of work and waking up super early. Went home at like 2 am.

Woke up the next day at 11 am! SO NICE! Chris left early (9am) to go to the store to pick something up for my Christmas gift. Didn't know what that was. By the time I woke up, I had cleaned up my room a bit and watched some TV, and Chris came in with lots of groceries and made me a great breakfast. We then hung out in the house, watched TV, lit a fire, had a nice bath, then got dressed up to go out for dinner. We went and had a great meal at this restaurant, then went to the park where they had lit up displays for Christmas. It was really nice and the profits went to charity. Then we came back home and opened presents in front of the Christmas tree and fireplace. I gave Chris his shaving stuff (mug, brush, foaming soap, aftershave balm) along with cologne and a Homer Simpson soap-on-a-rope. Chris totally spoilt me: got me some Body Shop cranberry stuff (sopa. lotion, bath gel, and candle in a cute box), a chocolate orange that is raspberry flavoured (not orange flavoured), then the biggies:

a parafin spa - the kind that you can dip your hand in and it makes it all nice and soft.
a gold bracelet - he got it for free at the store (that's what he had to get at 9am) but it's really really nice
and diamond earings! REAL diamonds earings!

I was so spoilt! Anyhow, it was so sweet of him to get me all these things, I even cried!
After we watched A Christmas Story which was really cute. WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!

posted by traxis @ 11:43 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary