I am still alive!
I have been without stable/consistent internet access over the last two weeks so there was no way to update this. Let's see if my pittiful memory will hold up.
We left Edmonton on December 11th, with quite the mad dash for the train. We ran around getting last minute supplies (food and entertainment) and were late to catch our first taxi. I totally needed a shower before getting on board for 48 hours, so we delayed and got another taxi. Finally we got on the train after more and more headaches. It was quite crammed, but good to just sit down and do nothing for a while.
Trains are quite boring. My computer battery doesn't last very long. There are no plugs on a train. Old people are rich and buy the ridiculously overpriced sleeping cars and do nothing but sleep and complain. These are things I learned on my journey.
Chris and I had a good time none the less, having a few meals in the dinning car, and we stopped in Winnipeg for a lunch in the Forks market.
When we finally got to TO, Chris' dad came to pick us up. We were really well received in their home. The dog was really nice although a total attention hog. We did fun things in TO such as shopping (got some super cute pink sneakers at Urban Outfitters), going to museums (Science, ROM), going out to dinner with his family, getting a real Xmas tree out in the country, and hanging out around in downtown. Everything went just great.
We left for Ottawa on the 18th, got there again with no problems. We were greeted by my parents and had again some nice time out here. Had dinner with X, went to see Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers (AWESOME MOVIE - I am so in love with Legolas.... and as soon as the movie ended I was yearning to go play D&D! Nerd, I know), went to more museums (Art gallery, War, Science & Tech., Airplane), wandered around the market, went to Montreal for a day (met my Grandparents, saw X's very nice apartment, went out to dinner at a Greek restaurant), and finally tried to go to Barrymores for 80's night. Alas no. There was a line up starting at 8 pm. I couldn't believe it. It was cold so we didn't bother, we had to get home via public transport - a nightmare late on Sunday nights for those of you who are lucky enough not to rely on OC Transpo. Blah! I also introduced Chris to breakfasts at Broadway. SUCH good hashbrowns! Finally we went to the Cafe and it was really nice to share that with him - give him an idea of what my life was like in Ottawa before I met him.
Chris left to go back to TO on the 23rd, it was really nice having him to go out with... my parents are typically pretty busy with their own activities now, so it's good to have someone else as company. It was also really neat that X's visit is coinciding with mine - I really appreciated that she came down to visit specifically to see me one weekend!
Since the 23rd, had Xmas at my home, shared gifts (lots of cute purses from HK, some golf stuff, some knick knacks for the house, and money for Las Vegas!), then went to my grandparents' place for official Xmas, then got back today. They seem to be doing as well as they can be, but my uncle is a total crackhead. So frustrating seeing people 'awn' over someone who's put himself in the pathetic situation he's in. Nonetheless, my grandparents considered Xmas a success, and that's what counts.
Today, my dad and I went to Place to go Boxing Day shop after we got back from PQ. I only bought some sparkly cranberry soap (okay, 5 of them!), and a cute white blouse with ruching down its sides and in the back. I've been looking for one that's cute straigth across the bottom so it doesn't look stupid when I don't tuck it in.
Tomorrow I don't know what I have to do during the day, maybe something fun with my Mom. We're taking a family picture tomorrow too, so that means I have to wash and blow dry my hair, uhg, work! Saturday my brother is free so we might go hang together, and Sunday X and I will likely spend the day together too. Hopefully go back to the Cafe for lunch! Monday I go back to TO and then on the 2nd we get back on the train for another long haul! MUST BUY EARPLUGS FOR SLEEPING!
posted by traxis @ 10:00 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home