Wednesday I did school work then had a meeting for our consulting company, followed by a watershead SR game. Good stuff.
Thursday I did more school stuff, and had an interview with the Enterprise Car Rental Management Trainee program. It went well and I got forwarded on to the next stage of interviews. I then went to meet Jeff which actually didn't turn out so bad... I was given the option to "drop out" of grad studies and then complete my thesis on my own time, then re-register to graduate, or to try an appeal to the department for an extension of one term.
Friday Chris and I decided to host a going-away party for our friend, so we cleaned the house... actually he cleaned the house cause it was all his junk all over the place! Anyhow, we went out for a really nice dinner, and wanted to try out this new bar, Krowbar, which was quite nice, and played awesome music (rock, metal, retro stuff, good stuff) and was totally dead. Like TOTALLY dead. I know it's a long weekend and kids aren't back to school yet, but it shows good promise for later fun.
Saturday we went to get groceries, propane and stuff and worked in the garden and yards to clean things up outside too. People showed up, had a good time, Christine had a nice last evening here with her friends, and things were good.
Sunday we went to see Vanity Fair with a bunch of the GSA kids, which was a good movie, quite elaborate sets, gorgeous costumes, etc. Went out to Indian food afterwards, ate way too much, saw one of the contenders for the Mayoral elections, he's kind of a dork.
We also came up with a great way to hang with the cooler people in our group without the loosers who are just annoying about food and junk, by hosting rotating theme dinner pot-luck things. Sounds silly, but everyone's really excited about it.
Today we took it easy, I did some more school work, then we went to WEM and shopped for a bit, didn't really buy anything, but went to get some groceries for dinner (salmon, salad, corn, roast potatoes, cheesecake, coffee, berries) YUM!
Tomorrow I have another interview, then I think there are plans to go to the GSA BBQ, then see Hero. Wednesday we're playing M&M which should be fun... Thursday there's nothing planned yet, Friday I have a morning meeting with Jeff, and then we're going to see the George Bushes at New City lounge. Pretty good week.
Glah. Am sad that I still don't have a job lined up, but hopefully there's stuff coming up, and at the least I will be a good contender for a PT job coming up next month - so late! Uhg!
posted by traxis @ 10:28 p.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home