Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I just ratted out someone at work. She's always been very stupid and slow, but today she decided to use me. I often offer to help do mail outs for the ladies in the Assessors section because honestly, they are swamped. Yesterday, my favourite lady told me that Stupid was way behind on her work, not catching on, and had put herself in the position of having over 100 letters to send out and for some reason had put Sept 1 on the "reply by" date. Being August 24/25, it'll take a few days for these letters to get to the parents via the mail, and then they'll be freaking out. Furthermore, policy says they have 10 working days to reply - so they'll be calling here and the rest of the staff will have to deal with it too.

Anyhow, Favourite lady told me that yesterday. This morning, I was helping out another Nice lady, when Stupid asked if I would help her out with letters too. I knew she was in trouble, but not to play favourites, I said okay. She gave me the stack of letters, unsorted, and then WENT ON COFFEE/SMOKE BREAK! I didn't know she was going off, I would have said, listen, you should really do these yourself. Anyhow, when I realized she had gone, I was so pissed off and needed to do something about it. I figured there were four things I could do:

1) Do the work, yell at her when she got back from break about how rude it is to pass work on to someone else and then take your break, tell her I'm not her personal assistant to do what she pleases with, etc.

2) Not do the work at all - just leave it there. Very Passive-resistant.

3) Shut up and just do it - which would kill me.

4) Tell the supervisor, let her deal with it.

And 4 is what I ended up doing. I tried to be as calm as possible when I told Supervisor lady, but aparently I wasn't, and she told me to calm down, after thanking me for sharing and leading me to the door. Whatever. There was an HR person there and she got to hear the whole thing (she assured me her confidence). Anyhow, I don't know what good it will do to remediate the stupid situation, but I've handed it off to the person in charge.

I so want out of this place - I spend all day surfing or worrying.

On a happy note, I found the two orignal Kat/traxis books yesterday while looking for other stuff in storage bins - such great memories - however, I had NO IDEA I was such an ego-maniac, boy-crazy poser! Uhg! I appologize to everyone who had to put up with that!

posted by traxis @ 8:48 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary