I had a pretty good weekend, busy and fun, given that Chris is away. Went to the Farmer's market on Saturday and ran into a bunch of friends, ended up seeing a play at the Fringe festival together, then had pancakes for lunch, shopped, had dinner at a nice restaurant, and then got a drive home. Good stuff! Yesterday I coloured my hair and then did the chracter creation session with Colin & the gang. I don't know if I'm happy with my character yet - it seems to be very simplistic, not flashy and full of abilities. We also went out for a drink afterwards, which was kind of nice.
The weather has been crazy cold, rainy, and cloudy - I'm worried for the garden which needs the sun to ripen all the green veggies! I also don't want anything to rot. Plus rain = slugs, which are interesting to look at, but I don't want them crawling all over our potential food.
I've got very little to do at work right now - some scanning (blah) maybe, if the printer people tell me that must be done. Ditto with image modifying. I'm going to work on job applications (scary - I'm back at that now, given that I don't know what is going on with the Alumni job) and thesis work. So exciting. I do get to drop off a draft copy of the guide I wrote to a centre in about an hour, so I'll get to go take the bus (yay) and give that to the director, maybe buy a Chai on the way back to the office, and then do more of the above.
Mostly, I've been daydreaming about what I could do with a steady income if I get the alumni job... Things like buying a car, going to Paula's wedding, taking Chris to a little vaccation, visiting people back in Ontario for the weekend, paying off my loans, saving money for a house, that kind of stuff. Makes me all the more nervous about the position though :(
Will now write up a little report about the feedback I've been getting on the draft guide.
Oh - Chris wrote me from China, things are going well there, which is great!
posted by traxis @ 8:03 a.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home