Thursday, May 05, 2005

Conference update

So it's sort of day 2, but really its the end of day 1 and I am wiped. I don't want to do anything, I'm loosing my mind over something stupid and my feet are killing me. I also don't understand my membership - they're great people but they are so young and I'm trying to find the right balance between being an employee and a new person to the organization as well as being friendly and outgoing and a good example for them. I don't know if I'm achieving this balance. Paul, my sort of boss, has reassured me that everyone thinks I'm doing a great job. I know I'll be awesome at lobbying and stuff but the social aspect of this big conference is the thing I'm not so sure about. I've tried to mingle with everyone, but I keep sitting with the same people or find myself with nothing to say. I don't know why that is because during my time on Grad SA, I developed wicked small talk skills and networking skills; here they just don't seem to apply.

Anyhow, I decided that I needed to go home for a while and spend some time with Chris for my own sanity and to keep me from being dumb, but he was busy and had been out all day working on a radio thing, so we didn't spend too much time together - half an hour together in fact. And part of the short time was my "fault" as I had asked him to meet me at the shopping centre where our group was experiencing a hell on earth - dinner theather. It was kinda funny but it just went on and on and on, and the story didn't make sense, and the actors all had these dumb-ass accents (typical Drama "English" accent) and the songs they sang as part of the Batman and Robin play/musical were well performed, but unfortunately had little to nothing to do with the actual story (mind you, I'll reitterate, the story didn't make sense) and were just thrown in with ridiculous segways.

So, that was interesting. The whole thing has been interesting. If I knew for 100% sure that this blog was not accessible/read by anyone who I work with (e.g. anyone but the girls from back in Ottawa), then I'd go on, but I think I've said enough as is (sigh).

Okay - must get to bed; cuz I need to get up to go to a session I have nothing to do with?? Confused.

posted by traxis @ 11:29 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

official site

  • official site

  • webjournals

  • hershey's blog
  • goth-esque ottawa '90s
  • island x
  • tales from the mad side
  • neon tetra fishy on crack

  • bloggin' lobbies

  • musings that reveal
  • phendrana driftsl
  • summer's daydreams
  • daveberta
  • walking the four more blocks
  • terra incognita
  • manic meanderings
  • civilization as we knew it
  • studentunion.ca

  • other links

  • treebeard
  • order of the stick


  • Powered by Blogger
    Design by Beccary