Feeling oh-so-cultured. I just got back from a night out at the Symphony and then drinks with some of the CS boys at a jazz club. I keep forgetting how much I want to get back into piano or take up singing more seriously until I see a performance where people obviously love what they do and the wholeness of performers comes through... When I was learning piano as a kid - I never really stepped back to appreciate the sound I was creating until much later, when I picked up Tori Amos and other such things... That time when you can hear what you are playing and forget that you must look at the music sheet and watch your fingering and check your beat counting is something I found only right before my parents gave away the piano (to our bratty uncle/aunt/neice/nephew - who put it on a trailer and brought it to their kitchen, and now use it to display photos and frames. UHG)
In other news, my new work place wants to buy me a laptop, so I have requested an iBook (am joining the multitudes of Mac users); and I have asked to be considered for sponsoring in the Leadership Ed. program... we shall see if they're willing to sponsor the $2500 needed to register... maybe next year if not now.
Okay - must get to bed (keep forgetting that I must work tomorrow - only 5 days left!)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
» Home